• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome Signature Series Aquisitions

7 posts in this topic

Lonestar Purchases

I do not know if a private collector is selling off their books, or if Lonestar comics is submitting them, but I have been winning some really nice signature series books the last few months. I have added several 9.8 and 9.6 signature series books to my New Mutants collection and Copper age X-Men. Most signed by Silvestri and Claremont in the X-Men run. A few signed by Jim Lee. The new Mutants are signed by Claremont and Sienkiewicz. I don't know who's selling them, but I am a buying them. They are adding a lot of points to my registry sets. I hope they keep auctioning more.

See more journals by Jumpmaster (RET)

Double edged sword here. Those auctions just ended low low low. And now you may have potentially alerted other potential competitors to the existence of said auctions, meaning potentially more competition. Unless you're actually the seller, and you're trying to drum up higher prices. In which case...good job.

Well,

I am not the seller. I just wanted to share my collecting experience and let other people know about the great deals I have been getting. Many of the books are starting to repeat, so I already bought a lot of the books in the upcoming auction. I like to share the wealth. I did not even think about advertising my own books by posting a journal, but I guess it would work.

Thanks for the head's up Jumpmaster. I will have to keep an eye out for this auction next time...X-men Annual 5 in 9.6 for only $21.00?? Darn it! Will be sure to PM you so we don't bid against each other. Congrats on the great pick ups!

Yeah, so full disclosure, the X-Men annual 5 was mine. I can't believe it went for so low a price. I am not the seller of the signature books though. I am buying those and selling off my unsigned books. So if you see a lot of unsigned X-Men, odds are a few of them are mine. However, I love Lonestar because they only charge a 3 percent buyers premium on auctions, and they have had a lot of nice books lately. And, if you are a seller, the most they charge is ten percent on a sliding scale. Heritage, Comic link, and Pedigree charge way more. Also, being a displaced redneck, I like the southern hospitality of the young lady in charge of consignments.