• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My USPS insurance claim story. Now with a happy ending!!!

44 posts in this topic

Trust me, owning a Collect Insure policy will make your collecting life easier. This story about the USPS insurance is terrible but it doesn't surprise me.

x1000!

The time and frustration in dealing with the post office is worth the price of the collect insure itself.

This is why I have private insurance. The post office insurance is a joke and will deny every claim they can.

What Insurance company you're using?

Collect Insure.

Doesn't file a claim with your collectible insurance company will raise your rates in the future?

I use Stamps.com and the insurance you pay is cheaper than what USPS charges. Plus they have a company called PIP that covers the damages. Only issue is it cost $16 a month for membership.

As a counter-point, I sold a Captain America statue for $55 on eBay last week. It showed up damaged and I agreed to accept the return in full, but did ask for pictures of the damage from the buyer. I used the USPS online claim form to submit the $55 claim (you can't claim the postage) and it took about 5 minutes.

Two days ago I received a check from USPS for $55. It shocked the hell out of me, for sure. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how fast the money got here...or that it was honored at all!

Peace,

Chip

Funny how the shipping charge is not refundable.

Its not like they actually delivered the service they were paid to perform well or at all.

As a counter-point, I sold a Captain America statue for $55 on eBay last week. It showed up damaged and I agreed to accept the return in full, but did ask for pictures of the damage from the buyer. I used the USPS online claim form to submit the $55 claim (you can't claim the postage) and it took about 5 minutes.

Two days ago I received a check from USPS for $55. It shocked the hell out of me, for sure. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how fast the money got here...or that it was honored at all!

Peace,

Chip

Funny how the shipping charge is not refundable.

Its not like they actually delivered the service they were paid to perform well or at all.

Shipping charges are refundable if you use Endicia.