• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia of Fatigued Funnybooks RECAP!

365 posts in this topic

So, those of you who took a look at my Raggedy Romance thread saw piles of precode romances from the 40's and 50's.

Here's another batch from the same source, which means for the most part that they're every bit as raggedy.

That being said, I have 90 or 100 more books to list, so I hope all you completists and bottom feeders will pay close attention for the next week or so. I'll probably finish the thread the Saturday after New Year's Day.

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, note anything else I spot, and as always, if you'd like a scan of the back cover I'll be happy to do so.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: in the thread rules the roost, but PM's, kibitzing, and general tomfoolery are welcome.

$6 Priority flat shipping to the USA, one book or a stack. Canada or overseas to be determined

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ***MUCH*** PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal. If you just GOTTA pay with paypal PM me and we'll work something out.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

SO!

On with the first book!

Comic Cavalcade 35

Small splits upper and lower spine, small corner off lower RH FC

$25 SOLD!

o1P259I.jpg

Comic Cavalcade 46

Bit of amateur cartooning on the FC, and the staples are offset into FC about a quarter inch, otherwise tight and clean. White pages.

$30 takes it SOLD!

CLdNFGK.jpg

Comic Cavalcade 52

Listed as "Scarce" in Overstreet.

Corner off lower LH FC, matching corner off lower RH BC. Small ink scribble BC. General wear, sub-type creases FC.

Yours for $20 SOLD!

GR1UC0Q.jpg

Comic Cavalcade 61

Listed as "Scarce" in Overstreet

Two small pieces out FC, Two LARGE pieces out BC, and a goodly sized chunk out of the last page to boot. Takes one complete panel out of last story page.

FREE CLAIMED!

wYRVKkm.jpg

Comic Cavalcade 63

Last issue. Listed as "Rare" in Overstreet.

I must admit, I've never seen a copy before.

NCB sub-type crease FC, may not be visible in scan. Very light water stain lower FC, may not be visible. Tight spine and CF, white pages.

Let's see if it's rare or not, shall we?

$100 SOLD!

eYQaNoX.jpg

Spotlight Comics 2, 1945. Our Army, Inc (Chesler)

Two corners off FC, large dogear BC, cover is loose, CF is also loose.

Take it home for $50

J0eH17Q.jpg

Dynamic Comics 14, 1945. Chesler

Water stains, rusty staples, and here's the worst: An entire cover from an issue of Famous Funnies is stuck to the back cover. Obviously stored somewhere damp, and whoever plucked them apart sacrificed the Famous Funnies to save the Dynamic. The FF cover is loose in the center and MAY peel off, and then again may not. I choose not to try.

Overstreet is $65 in G, how about $40?

94EpjC8.jpg

Crime Exposed 1, 1950. Atlas

Several pieces of tape FC and BC, and a couple tape stains to boot, where the old cellophane tape has fallen off. Tight spine, CF is nearly loose at lower staple. Displays pretty well for a taped up mess, lol

$20 for this one

q3CSTE2.jpg

Crime Exposed 5, 1951. Atlas

Now this one is a bit nicer, with minor general wear, and the upper staple is pulled. Small chip out RH FC.

Yours for $25

oocR5e6.jpg

Crime Exposed 8, 1952. Atlas

Best of the bunch, suffers from a bit of transverse spine roll, minor general wear.

Yours for $25

c299g2l.jpg

Dorothy Lamour Jungle Princess 2, 1950. Fox

Title continued from Jungle Lil 1.

Solid enough copy, with general wear, tight spine and CF, but the pages are tan. Uniform tan throughout, no sign of any brittleness whatsoever. Just.....tan.

Asking $35 for some sarong-clad jungle girl action.

gVwZXzS.jpg

Dorothy Lamour 3

More sarong-clad jungle girl hi-jinx.

This copy has spine roll, loose cover, several interior pages with corners off, nothing that affects any art. It looks to me as though the whole book was mistrimmed, and some young busy type took a finger to break the pages apart...taking some paper with some of them. Nice b&w pinup of Dorothy on the back cover.

Yours for $25

oLvoTGl.jpg

...And here's the first bundle of the thread!

Take both Dorothy Lamour issues for $45!

...And here's the second!

All four issues of Crime Exposed for $70!

Well, looky here! Another obscure Chesler!

Jest Comics 10 (#1) 1944. Chesler

Spine roll, small pcs out FC and BC, many small tears inside, at least one per page. Still perfectly readable, but that's what this, a reader copy.

Yours for $15

OAEGytA.jpg

Jest Comics 11 (#2) 1944. Chesler

Looks good at first glance, but spine is completely taped and the first two or three folds are completely or nearly split. Looks like the spine is starting to get brittle to boot.

Strictly a rough reader.

Yours for $10

QH5UNm0.jpg

Comic Cavalcade 63

Last issue. Listed as "Rare" in Overstreet.

I must admit, I've never seen a copy before.

NCB sub-type crease FC, may not be visible in scan. Very light water stain lower FC, may not be visible. Tight spine and CF, white pages.

Let's see if it's rare or not, shall we?

$100 for this one, and I'm firm at that price.

eYQaNoX.jpg

very tough book. I will take it