• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Wolverine #1 - GRADE IS IN

14 posts in this topic

I posted earlier in the "Secret Wars #8, Wolverine #1: 9.0+ possible?" thread, but I've realized that I didn't follow the posting guidelines in that post. (Sorry! I'd delete the post if I could!)

Wolverine #1:

HighRes scan of front (600dpi, 2.7MB): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/Wolverine_1_front_300dpi.jpg

HighRes scan of back (600dpi, 2.2MB): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/Wolverine_1_back_300dpi.jpg

Wolverine_1_front_300dpi-thumb.jpg

Wolverine_1_back_300dpi-thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Do I need to be concerned about the smudge in the yellow on the front cover? I cannot tell if it is dirt or ink rubbed off from another comic when I originally bought it 30+ years ago.

I stopped by a local comic shop and the owner looked at my images. Owner there looked at my images above and said "probably a 9.0". Spots he commented on:

On the front:

- Misalign of staples (causes lower staple to look looped out more)

- The slight frayed bottom edge on the bottom. (Seems very minor to me)

On the back:

- The lower right corner, small frayed chunk at the binding (don't know what this problem is called, but I have noticed this happens on a lot of books).

I don't like his comments as much as yours :-)

I stopped by a local comic shop and the owner looked at my images. Owner there looked at my images above and said "probably a 9.0". Spots he commented on:

On the front:

- Misalign of staples (causes lower staple to look looped out more)

- The slight frayed bottom edge on the bottom. (Seems very minor to me)

On the back:

- The lower right corner, small frayed chunk at the binding (don't know what this problem is called, but I have noticed this happens on a lot of books).

I don't like his comments as much as yours :-)

That same dealer likely would never sell this as a VF/NM, but more likely a NM+.

Hi all, last call for anyone else that wants to guess the grade!

I am getting this book back today in a batch of 12 that I sent in at the end of January. I had all of the books cleaned and pressed at CCS before grading. I will post the grades this weekend, stay tuned!

I thought the books were going to arrive on Saturday, but they are still in transit. However ... here's the grade and grader notes from the CGC website:

WHITE PAGES

Notes: Top Front Cover Small Bend

:applause: Out of the 9.8s that I got returned, this is the only one that included Grader Notes. I'm not sure what to make of that.