• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Comic-Related Goals for 2015

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure no one else cares, but I'll check in on myself at the end of 2015.

Others are doing it. Now I am.

In no particular order.

1. Stop wasting so much time at work doing comic stuff - forums, shopping, reading articles.

2. Get my wife to go to a comic con. Double edged sword - if she likes it, could cost me a lot more money in the short and long run, and if she hates it....well no one will have fun.

3. Sell the vast majority of my collection, 90%+++. Think I'm gonna have a huge February sale, getting rid of damn near EVERYTHING, including all the hot keys and rares and 1st apps. There's stuff the money could be better used for family and...

4. Darkhawk CGC 9.8 slabs. I'm the leader by FAR on the registry, and I think I've got about a third of the books. I'm gonna try to get 10ish more this year.

5. Also trying to make a Darkhawk CGC SS (non-Stan Lee) set, non-9.8 I've got 3 so far, try to pick up a few more this year. Mike Manley did some CGC SS last year, hopefully I'll get a crack at him this year.

6. I'd love to get another CGC SS from a legend this year. I've got Stan Lee, Wrightson, Cardy, Steranko, Trimpe, Sinnott, Romita. This year I think maybe Joe Simon and/or Russ Heath, maybe Allen Bellman?

7. Read some old old comics. Like stuff from the 1950's, war or super hero. Haven't read ANY 50's before, but I focused on the 60's last year, and it was pretty fun. (this will probably occur in reprints or collections)

8. Get a fully charged 4 star character on Marvel Puzzle Quest (mobile game). I'm about halfway on Invisible Woman and X Force Wolverine, but without putting money into the game, its pretty slow going.

9. Watch Thor: Dark World and Man of Steel. They've been on my DVR for half of 2014. Haven't watched either yet.

10. Find another Chinese Marvel or DC comic. (non-counterfeit/pirated). I know of 2 that exist, I have one.

Happy New Year!

16260.jpg

See more journals by Revat

I'm sure no one else cares, but I'll check in on myself at the end of 2015.

Others are doing it. Now I am.

In no particular order.

1. Stop wasting so much time at work doing comic stuff - forums, shopping, reading articles.

2. Get my wife to go to a comic con. Double edged sword - if she likes it, could cost me a lot more money in the short and long run, and if she hates it....well no one will have fun.

3. Sell the vast majority of my collection, 90%+++. Think I'm gonna have a huge February sale, getting rid of damn near EVERYTHING, including all the hot keys and rares and 1st apps. There's stuff the money could be better used for family and...

4. Darkhawk CGC 9.8 slabs. I'm the leader by FAR on the registry, and I think I've got about a third of the books. I'm gonna try to get 10ish more this year.

5. Also trying to make a Darkhawk CGC SS (non-Stan Lee) set, non-9.8 I've got 3 so far, try to pick up a few more this year. Mike Manley did some CGC SS last year, hopefully I'll get a crack at him this year.

6. I'd love to get another CGC SS from a legend this year. I've got Stan Lee, Wrightson, Cardy, Steranko, Trimpe, Sinnott, Romita. This year I think maybe Joe Simon and/or Russ Heath, maybe Allen Bellman?

7. Read some old old comics. Like stuff from the 1950's, war or super hero. Haven't read ANY 50's before, but I focused on the 60's last year, and it was pretty fun. (this will probably occur in reprints or collections)

8. Get a fully charged 4 star character on Marvel Puzzle Quest (mobile game). I'm about halfway on Invisible Woman and X Force Wolverine, but without putting money into the game, its pretty slow going.

9. Watch Thor: Dark World and Man of Steel. They've been on my DVR for half of 2014. Haven't watched either yet.

10. Find another Chinese Marvel or DC comic. (non-counterfeit/pirated). I know of 2 that exist, I have one.

Happy New Year!

16260.jpg

See more journals by Revat

Nice goals. Didn't know you were Puzzle Questing as well. Are you using a different name? Or are you not in the CGC Boardies Alliance.

1. True that, double true...at work right now

2. As long as she is supportive of your hobby you won't regret taking her.

3. Let us know what you're selling!

4. Why? Don't get me wrong, I collected Darkhawk back in the day...but why?

5. An all signature set would be cool.

6. It's still my goal to get Steve Englehart to come to ECCC. Look forward to hearing about your SS addition.

7. I've been curious about the 50s books too, let us know what you think. Which 60s books did you read? I've had a blast with all the Tales...Suspense, Astonish, Strange.

8. Is this the one where Marvel characters battle each other like Mortal Combat? My son tells me I HAVE to download that game...but first I gotta dump a bunch of stuff so I have room for the latest iOS update.

9. Thor: Dark World was great. Haven't seen Man of Steel but heard it was meh.

10. Interesting.

I was too late to join the CGC Board Alliance. Are they good? Mine is some random one which I think is public. But they do aight. No super rewards, but ok.

My team is pretty good, fully charged Patch, Magneto, Storm, Cap, Iron Man, Psylocke, Hood, Spidey, Hulk, Pun. Captain Marvel could be full, but I'm probably 50K iso's short.

1. True that, double true...at work right now

2. As long as she is supportive of your hobby you won't regret taking her.

3. Let us know what you're selling!

4. Why? Don't get me wrong, I collected Darkhawk back in the day...but why?

5. An all signature set would be cool.

6. It's still my goal to get Steve Englehart to come to ECCC. Look forward to hearing about your SS addition.

7. I've been curious about the 50s books too, let us know what you think. Which 60s books did you read? I've had a blast with all the Tales...Suspense, Astonish, Strange.

8. Is this the one where Marvel characters battle each other like Mortal Combat? My son tells me I HAVE to download that game...but first I gotta dump a bunch of stuff so I have room for the latest iOS update.

9. Thor: Dark World was great. Haven't seen Man of Steel but heard it was meh.

10. Interesting.

1. Whoops, at work now. Things will change in 2015!

2. I think the comic movies helped. Especially Captain America and GOG

3. Moderns/Coppers - ALL keys and rares, the normal stuff - ASM 300, 301, 361, 1st Lobo, 1st Arch Angel, 1st Apoc, 1st Doomsday, 1st Deadpool, WD, Saga, some rare printings and variants, tons of awesome stuff, etc. 300 books maybe, some multiples of the keys? Still gotta sort and dig.

4. DH used to be my fave. I wanted to work on a completeable but rare set. Hado inspired!

5. Yup!

6. Met Englehart last year at a con! Chatted w/him for like 30 minutes as NO ONE CAME TO HIS BOOTH. Super nice and social. Ask him anything!

8. Its candy crush with superheroes. And they have character specific powers you can level up and use in game. Really fun and addictive.

7. I read 60's Teen Titans, Detective, Silver Surfer, and ASM this year. I really really enjoyed them, especially TT, which had the most socially outdated notions, especially the way people treat Wondergirl.

9. I liked Thor 1, but the pacing felt odd, and the movie felt too short, although that's better than extra filler.

I was too late to join the CGC Board Alliance. Are they good? Mine is some random one which I think is public. But they do aight. No super rewards, but ok.

My team is pretty good, fully charged Patch, Magneto, Storm, Cap, Iron Man, Psylocke, Hood, Spidey, Hulk, Pun. Captain Marvel could be full, but I'm probably 50K iso's short.

We're not world beaters. That's for sure. lol

I've got Wolverine X-Force at lvl 243, Captain America, Falcon, Sentry, and The Hood at 166. And there is room now that they upped the size of all alliances to 20. :baiting:

We're not world beaters. That's for sure. lol

I've got Wolverine X-Force at lvl 243, Captain America, Falcon, Sentry, and The Hood at 166. And there is room now that they upped the size of all alliances to 20. :baiting:

Wolvie X-Force is ultra broken. I think I'm under 100 on him and Invisible Woman

Oh I forgot to mention my favorite character, the 166 Black Widow, best 3-star character in the game IMO. Makes 6 green tiles AND shoots EVERYONE for 4000? Sign me up. I'm surprised they haven't nerfed her.