• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 4

152 posts in this topic

I wonder what percentage of the foreign box office receipts is specifically from China? This movie was specifically marketed to that specific region from site location to actors cast right down to in-movie product placement.

China has done nearly $300mm, the highest grossing movie ever in that country.

WHOA!

Domestic: $230,802,453 (25%)

International: $690,800,000 (75%)

------------------------------------------------

Worldwide: $921,602,453

Based on seeing 966 million after this weekend I have to believe that this film might become the highest grossing film in the franchise. It has not slowed down in the China market yet.

Based on seeing 966 million after this weekend I have to believe that this film might become the highest grossing film in the franchise. It has not slowed down in the China market yet.

It's safe to say the international market sure loves it Transformers.

VjlWuP8.png

BYcWD1H.png

Coming up on $1 billion.

:ohnoez:

Domestic Box Office: $238,460,789 (24.2%)

International Box Office: $745,400,000 (75.8%)

---------------------------------------------

Worldwide Box Office: $983,860,789

Now if only it had hit...

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072.png

Transformers did it.

BOX OFFICE: TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Is 2014's First Movie To Hit $1 Billion

--------------------------

The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Transformers: Age of Extinction is now the second instalment in the four part franchise to hit $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Despite the fact that Paramount Pictures will receive only 25% of it, the movie was helped a great deal by an amazing performance in China where it grossed over $300 million. Domestically, it has earned $241.2 million, a franchise low. However, including those Chinese numbers, Age of Extinction has taken a whopping $763.8 million overseas.

--------------------------

WOW!

That has got to be one of the strongest movie franchises out there right now. And the international results are amazing.

d6VI7Ge.png

z8Fmep9.png

Even Godzilla finally broke $500 MM this weekend due to international numbers. And it is soooooo close to $200 MM domestically. Come on, big guy. You can do it!

1EC4M8B.png

HyrH3Gh.png

:applause:

Michael Bay heard you loud and clear.

Michael Bay Believes He Will "Pass The Baton" For Future TRANSFORMERS Movies

-----------------------

Bay, 49, believes he will pass the baton for future Transformer movies to a new director while he turns his focus elsewhere.

"There's kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make," says Bay, who is eyeing a passion project, a documentary on elephant poaching. "I have a lot of stories to tell. And it's about flexing new muscles."

-----------------------