• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blade 4 starring Wesley Snipes? Could be happening!
1 1

80 posts in this topic

I checked a few sites, just to make sure this isn't a rumor

Blade 4 in the works

Wesley Snipes Said To Be Back For Fourth Blade Movie

Wesley Snipes back for fourth 'Blade'

Supposedly, it is true.

snipes-blade.jpg

-----------------------

Snipes recently stated he would be open to Blade, and felt he could do it better:

"Yeah. Yeah. I’d be open to it. I think we have some stones left unturned, and there's some latitude for us to build on. I'd love to get back in the suit again and do some things that I’ve learned how to do now that I didn’t know how to do then. I think we’re better at making that kind of a film now. Some of the things we did in the early Blade franchise were experimental, and now they have become customary in the Avengers films and other comic book adaptations."

-----------------------

A month after Wesley Snipes stated he would like to return to the Blade franchise, it is reported the actor has signed a $3 million deal to reprise in the fourth Blade installment.

-----------------------

hm

Yes, and yes...and *spoon* get the *spoon* in!

Blade 4 - you ripper!

Make it retro. I'd like to see 70's Blade, not 90's not 2000's.

I'd rather see it in the far future. He's immortal right?

Blade 2099 or whatever.

But does fox own the rights to the Wesley Snipes depiction of Blade? While marvel has the rights back, they still collect royalties when blade is played on TV or a DVD is purchased. They could make a case that the continuance of Blade with Wesley Snipes infringes on their intellectual property concerning their interpretation of Marvel's character.

Wasn't there some kind of hoop that had to be jumped through for Connery to play Bond in the non eon production of "Never Say Never Again?"

But does fox own the rights to the Wesley Snipes depiction of Blade? While marvel has the rights back, they still collect royalties when blade is played on TV or a DVD is purchased. They could make a case that the continuance of Blade with Wesley Snipes infringes on their intellectual property concerning their interpretation of Marvel's character.

Wasn't there some kind of hoop that had to be jumped through for Connery to play Bond in the non eon production of "Never Say Never Again?"

hm

Now that would make for an interesting situation. But I would hope a solid Blade 4 -script wouldn't get trapped in a legal battle.

We'll have to see where this road goes, as the movie has to be officially confirmed first.

hm

Now that would make for an interesting situation. But I would hope a solid Blade 4 -script wouldn't get trapped in a legal battle.

We'll have to see where this road goes, as the movie has to be officially confirmed first.

This sounds more like Wesley Snipes will play Blade the character again,then a Blade 4? You know put Snipes as Blade in a Doctor Strange movie or another one of Marvel`s horror hero flicks?

hm

This sounds more like Wesley Snipes will play Blade the character again,then a Blade 4? You know put Snipes as Blade in a Doctor Strange movie or another one of Marvel`s horror hero flicks?

Or in Blade Runner :cry:

CINEMABLEND: Wesley Snipes Believes Blade 4 Is A Go

-------------------------

Blade was a New Line/Warner Bros production, and despite the rights to the actual character being back home at Marvel, the rights of the first three films are probably still snug with the studio that gave birth to its success. So not only is there a content issue, there's also a rights issue in consideration here. The best case scenario would be a two step process, which would start with Disney buying the rights to the original films for a pittance that New Line/Warner Bros could definitely use after this summer's mixed bag of releases. Once that's out of the way, Disney can dust off the Touchstone Pictures or Hollywood Pictures brands and start making "dark Marvel" movies for more mature audiences through one of these two labels.

Of course, this is all negated by the fact that this is a scoop in a New York newspaper. They love to make up movie business that executives haven't even dreamed of, so there is still a chance that this is all bunk. In the meantime, feel free to start creating some internet buzz to get this puppy up and running.

-------------------------

Everyone is quoting that NY Daily News article. That could be because they are well informed, or because it truly is made up.

So Walmart has a $5 special again on superhero movies. Glad I was in the store today, as it had the 'Blade Collection 4 Film Favorites' DVD set all for $5. it contains Blade 1-3, plus 'Blade: House of Chthon' which I never heard of before.

I got a chance to watch 'Blade' after years of not seeing this film.

- More cursing than I remembered (Wesley Snipes mouthing 'WTF' when he realizes Frost can join himself back together when cut; Frost calls him his b*@+ch a few times).

- Wesley Snipes was really perfect for the role at that time. Fit the character just right.

- I'm not a fan of Stephen Dorff. But he sure played one bad dude with a master plan that was quite interesting.

- Donal Logue as Quinn could be quite annoying and interesting at the same time. He showed his acting promise even then.

This was definitely something different from the comic books - even now.

BRING ON BLADE 4.