• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL"

71 posts in this topic

Metarog has kindly pointed out that the ultra rare giveaway, which I've never seen in my life, a DC from the mid fifties called "WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL", has had one copy slabbed.

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?ComicID=47351

As this is CGC's site, can anyone tell me who owns it ???

It's an unrestored 5.0.

Can anyone provide a scan ???

When was it slabbed ??

No sc an or iknfo. Just a tingling in my brain from 20 odd years ago reading about this somewhere - maybe in an old Overstreet or maybe in a Carter CBM. Dang but as a pre-code collector, and a SOTI/POP owner, this book has some meaning to me as well! Would love to see one.

I was beginning to think it was just a myth.

.....Nope not a myth,...it's a true DC,...and no collection is complete without one,..I know Christine has a copy,..she showed it to me once,..in fact I think she has two copies.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ian:

The book in question is in our latest Comics Signature Sale. It's from the collection of Richard and Wendy Pini, and you can see it here:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=815&Lot_No=4002

Best regards,

John E. Petty

Director of Media Relations

Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers

This should be fun. What is the IAN PRICE on this baby? popcorn.gif

Can we all make a promise not to [#@$%!!!] with Ian on this? If he wins it, he wins it and congrats to him. Lets not put in thrill bids just to [#@$%!!!] with his head.

This should be fun. What is the IAN PRICE on this baby? popcorn.gif

Can we all make a promise not to [#@$%!!!] with Ian on this? If he wins it, he wins it and congrats to him. Lets not put in thrill bids just to [#@$%!!!] with his head.

I imagine that is too late. Since HeritageJohn made his post, I bet 517 people from the forum have placed a bid on it. Just to drive Ian nuts.

He shoulda just sent Ian a PM about he book.. but wait..I forgot Heritage is in busines to make money... silly me.

Now we will never know what the book MIGHT have gone for...

foreheadslap.gif

Ze-

Once the Heritage shill employees bid it up to an acceptable level all by themselves, I doubt they'll be any real punishment bidding on this one. I can't see the potential satisfaction of messing around with Ian being worth potentially owning this book if he doesn't want to play the game.

Now it if was the NA26, whoo boy, look out! The Heritage shill employees will be under marching orders to bid fifty cents less than Ian's previously expressed top dollar for that book.

Ian:

The book in question is in our latest Comics Signature Sale. It's from the collection of Richard and Wendy Pini, and you can see it here:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=815&Lot_No=4002

Best regards,

John E. Petty

Director of Media Relations

Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers

Oh great, you just made Ian pee on the floor again. foreheadslap.giffrustrated.gif

.....Nope not a myth,...it's a true DC,...and no collection is complete without one,..I know Christine has a copy,..she showed it to me once,..in fact I think she has two copies.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about posting a scan with that auction? Would be nice to see what it looks like.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Something telse me the bidding on this will be insane even without Ian's participation - after looking at the front and back covers on the Heritage site, I really would love to see the rest. This is not only a must-have for DC collectors, but for comic history buffs as well. I'm guessing 20X guide.

.....Nope not a myth,...it's a true DC,...and no collection is complete without one,..I know Christine has a copy,..she showed it to me once,..in fact I think she has two copies....

Christine doesn't collect ANY giveaways or promos. Which is why she isn't interested in the ultra-rare Superman/Bradman comic.

She has nothing like Superman and the Great Cleveland Fire, or the really rare promos like Twisted Metal, Happy Tooth, the set of five Flash Force 2000 giveaways, the 1977 DC Vitamins giveaway, etc etc etc.

And therefore she would have no reason to be interested in this either.

She only collects the DCs which were sold. Of which I only need one, and she also needs one.

But I still need about fifty promos and giveaways, and she doesn't collect any of them.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL" is a PROMO.

from the Heritage site:

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!

And right now it is for sale !!!!!!! How come no-one told me previously, before I made an insufficiently_thoughtful_person of myself with this thread ?????

You didn't need this thread for us to think that of you.

He shoulda just sent Ian a PM about he book.. but wait..I forgot Heritage is in busines to make money... silly me.

Now we will never know what the book MIGHT have gone for...

Now this is a promo. I need several promos. They do not complete the DC collection, because the list of them is endless.

New Adventure 26 is a completist issue. It would complete my set of every DC ever sold.

This comic, much as I desire it, completes nothing. If it goes over a thousand bucks, I will pass on it and hope another eventually materialises.

Remember I already turned down a VF copy of New Adventure 26 because the guy wanted too much money for it.

My days of being bled dry are OVER.

Something telse me the bidding on this will be insane even without Ian's participation - after looking at the front and back covers on the Heritage site, I really would love to see the rest. This is not only a must-have for DC collectors, but for comic history buffs as well. I'm guessing 20X guide.

The guide in a 5.0 is around $175, If it goes twenty times guide, that'll be $3500. I certainly won't be paying that price for it, no way.