• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL"

71 posts in this topic

Metarog has kindly pointed out that the ultra rare giveaway, which I've never seen in my life, a DC from the mid fifties called "WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL", has had one copy slabbed.

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?ComicID=47351

As this is CGC's site, can anyone tell me who owns it ???

It's an unrestored 5.0.

Can anyone provide a scan ???

When was it slabbed ??

I was beginning to think it was just a myth.

Didn't realize you needed that book. Sorry bro...it's not for sale.

Are you saying you have it or just winding me up ???

I do wanna see a scan of the cover from SOMEONE.

If it's slabbed, someone we know must have it.

Ian: Note the stooges.gif at the bottom of Beyonder's post...

My understanding is that in some cases, CGC scans covers of books for a nominal fee, if the submitter requests it. Not sure how or whether you can access such a scan if it exists...?

It's not a myth. I saw one for sale in a mail order auction catalog (years ago) and if I remember right the cover is mostly text (of the title).

Oh I so want to see it.

It's one of those pesky rare promotional DCs that have never turned up. Like The Aquateers Meet The Superfriends.

It's not a myth. I saw one for sale in a mail order auction catalog (years ago) and if I remember right the cover is mostly text (of the title).

Oh I so want to see it.

It's one of those pesky rare promotional DCs that have never turned up. Like The Aquateers Meet The Superfriends.

This thread reminds me of how my puppy reacts when I hold a spoonful of peanut butter in front of him. He loses his freaking mind. 27_laughing.gif

Of course, it's the same way I'd react if someone showed me a NM/MT 9.8 copy of ASM#86. blush.gif

This thread reminds me of how my puppy reacts when I hold a spoonful of peanut butter in front of him. He loses his freaking mind. 27_laughing.gif

Of course, it's the same way I'd react if someone showed me a NM/MT 9.8 copy of ASM#86. blush.gif

So would Borock be The Pavlovanator in this scenario?

Then again.. you did not specify Raw or Slabbed, but you did say 9.8... hrmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ze-

So would Borock be The Pavlovanator in this scenario?

Then again.. you did not specify Raw or Slabbed, but you did say 9.8... hrmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ze-

Preferably not slabbed. Otherwise it would be a 9.2 after a trip through the mail. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Preferably not slabbed. Otherwise it would be a 9.2 after a trip through the mail. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Speaking of 9.2.. did you see that ASM #121 in the guess the grade?

That top edge looks a little unhappy.

frown.gif

Ze-

frown.gif

Ze-

No, I haven't seen it. Dare I look? frustrated.gif

frown.gif

Ze-

No, I haven't seen it. Dare I look? frustrated.gif

The Back Cover, top outside edge