• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Wolverine #3 - GRADE IS IN

13 posts in this topic

hm Don't think I would touch the printing defect. Never seen a front cover #3 that looked so perfect. 9.6 and possible 9.8.

Thank you for the look.

I am quite surprised at how immaculate the black is on the front as well. I think it is probably the most pristine front that I have out of all my books.

I am wondering what effect color of the inside pages will have on the grade? They seem yellowish to me. I'll be happy to post pics, if it matters. Although every time I take this one out of the bag, I cringe just a little. :sick:

There are many others on these boards that have much more experience than I do with regards to how page quality might impact grade. For the most part, I don't think PQ impacts grade that much (hence a separate designation for PQ on the label). But I could easily be wrong.

Do you guys see anything I can do to increase chances of a 9.8? Or do you think the problems it has are not really something that can be corrected (such as rounded page corners)?

I cant remember ever seeing a white PQ on this mini. They have all seem dull and at least off white to me.

That being said I think you got a 9.6 here at least. Its well better then NM.

The #3 that I submitted a few years ago came back 9.6 with White pages. It's still in my collection.

Hi all, last call for anyone else that wants to guess the grade!

I am getting this book back today in a batch of 12 that I sent in at the end of January. I had all of the books cleaned and pressed at CCS before grading. I will post the grades this weekend, stay tuned!

I thought the books were going to arrive on Saturday, but they are still in transit. However ... here's the grade and grader notes from the CGC website:

WHITE PAGES

Notes: Top Back Cover Lite Bend

:cry: I'm a little disappointed on this one. I don't see the bend on the back that the notes mention. Hope it didn't happen during the clean/press!