• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for High Grade Action and Superman #1-10

52 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy 8.0 and above of Action #2-10 and Superman #3-10. For Action #1 and Superman #1, I am willing to purchase lower grade copies. No restored copies! Immediate cash payments available.

Contact Mark at Esquirecomics@aol.com.

Contact Stephen Fishler at Metropolis Comics in NYC. www.metropoliscomics.com. If he doesn't have them, he can at least help you track them down.

Preferably slabbed by CGC. However, I won't rule out purchasing an unslabbed book but I will need to obviously inspect it (I am in the Washington, D.C. area. I don't mind traveling) and it would have to be guaranteed not to be restored. The multiples, if any, would be based on the grade and the issue, but I am not ruling anything out!

Thanks for suggesting Steve at Metropolis. I know both him and Vince, as well as many of the major dealers from past dealings/meetings.

I am looking to buy 8.0 and above of Action #2-10 and Superman #3-10. For Action #1 and Superman #1, I am willing to purchase lower grade copies. No restored copies! Immediate cash payments available.

Contact Mark at Esquirecomics@aol.com.

Sheesh...must be nice to have such cash to spend. I can only dream....

Esquire,

If you don't mind me asking are you a veteran collector, new, just came into some money? Welcome to the boards.

I don't mind at all. Thanks for asking.

I have been collecting for more than 30 years, since I was a little kid. I used to sell at some shows on Long Island in 1985 and in Albany, NY in 1990. Always to feed the habit. I then dropped out for a number of years, but have come back strong over the last few years. In order to "feed" my now insatiable habit for the better and more expensive books I am selling once again (or else my wife would kill me!). I am dealing mostly in high grade or key Golden Age. I have a couple of ads coming out in the next price guide and my website should be online by April (www.esquirecomics.com).

Some of the books I have include Showcase 4 CGC 9.2; More Fun 52 CGC 5.5; Green Lantern (GA) 1 CGC 9.0; Green Lantern (GA) 2 CGC 9.0; Batman 2 CGC 9.2;

Batman 5 CGC 9.0; Batman 6 CGC 9.2; All American 16 CGC 4.5 (currently for sale on comiclink); Superman 2 CGC 8.0; New Book of Comics 1 CGC 8.0; Detective 31 CGC 5.0; Submariner 1 CGC 6.5; Comic Cavalcade 1 CGC 8.5; All Flash 1 CGC 8.0;

Leading Comics 1 CGC 9.0 (Rockford); Star Spangled 1 CGC 8.5 (Rockford).

Many of the high grade Golden Age books currently for sale in the auction on www.comiccollectors.net are mine.

I'm always looking to purchase key GA books, particularly in high grade. I just started using the boards and look forward to interacting with my fellow collectors and dealers.

As the username would indicate, I am an attorney. I handle very high-profile cases against governments, especially our own. Anyone interested in knowing about my background should just google my name.

Mark S. Zaid

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

KRUSTYTHECLOWN.jpg

sign-funnypost.gifAny body ever see that talk show interview with Slobodian, when the talk show host grabbed a fistful of NM Silver Age Marvels (I think there was a Spidey #1 in there) and shook them around yelling to the audience "can you believe these are worth $1000's of dollers!!!" 893whatthe.gif At least there is hope of pressing them straight....not so with the Homer pedigree Action run. 27_laughing.gif

Welcome!!