• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must read list for road trips.

25 posts in this topic

“It’s not about a word at all. It's about us. It's about excellence. No one is saying you must speak and act correctly at all times, but unfortunately, lots of us don't know when the hell those times are anymore or exactly what speaking and acting correctly mean. And worse, they don't care.“ — Jam Donaldson, Conversate Is Not a Word: Getting Away from Ghetto (2010)

It's like people using "of" instead of "have" and not caring.

I CARE, DAMMIT. IT'S WRONG. IT ISN'T GOOD FOR US A PEOPLE.

:facepalm:

-slym

conversate

Unfortunately to all of the educated people conversate is now in the dictionary.

v. to socialize and chat; to converse with another

It is still classified as slang, but it is in the dictionary. Trust me I'm just as upset as you are.

We can sit here and conversate about some things.

by Dime Diva May 16, 2009

That's as bad as when they recently added the definition of "figuratively" to the word "literally" because so many people were using it incorrectly.

People should be educated to use proper English. The language shouldn't be dragged down to the lowest common denominator. :sumo:

Bah.

I'm still honked off that people use "presently" as a synonym for "currently"

Barbarians.

“It’s not about a word at all. It's about us. It's about excellence. No one is saying you must speak and act correctly at all times, but unfortunately, lots of us don't know when the hell those times are anymore or exactly what speaking and acting correctly mean. And worse, they don't care.“ — Jam Donaldson, Conversate Is Not a Word: Getting Away from Ghetto (2010)

It's like people using "of" instead of "have" and not caring.

I CARE, DAMMIT. IT'S WRONG. IT ISN'T GOOD FOR US A PEOPLE.

:facepalm:

-slym

It's only a transitional phase until all language is converted to three letter reddit acronyms.

:eyeroll: