• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Cap 100: Need some quick feedback please

21 posts in this topic

Bought this. Seller unhappy with my questioning of grade. Can you tell me your assessment please? There are six images total. Thank you!

Super size images in spoiler tags!

0yA9eWE.jpg

li2IiUP.jpg

Normal size images:

qs8OXRd.jpg

NaYmfbI.jpg

What I interpret as sub crease on front (which is visible slightly on back)

tSn0bbb.jpg

How book lies:

7V1Aw80.jpg

Seriously? Unless he's a boardie, it's just dirty laundry. hm

Not sure what you mean by that, divad.

For what it's worth, seller is not a board member to my knowledge.

I mean, what do you hope to gain from the opinions of others from a scan? What you know in your heart of hearts is most likely correct. Stick to your guns, and tell the seller what you really think - return the book if you are unhappy.

It was a seller from a Facebook group. Two purchases from there were both bad buys. Going to stick to here or reputable dealers from now on.

The advertised grade was 7.5, which I think is extremely generous. He gotten really hostile over the thing, saying the pics are not of the same comic, accusing me of buyer's remorse, etc. doh!

divad,I just want to know had m not way off before I pursue fighting this through Paypal.

Based on a quick look at the pictures, I'd say 6.0/6.5. But it's not in hand and I don't think the seller calling it a 7.5 totally egregious. Someone not immersed in modern day CGC-style grading could genuinely believe this to be a 7.5. It's not as though he's insisting it's a 9.0 or above. And I've seen plenty of sellers here on the boards who would call it a 7.5 without a second thought.

Did the seller post photos prior to purchase?

If you're not happy with it, just send it back for a refund. Doesn't seem worth opening a PayPal case unless the seller refuses to take it back.

Based on a quick look at the pictures, I'd say 6.0/6.5. But it's not in hand and I don't think the seller calling it a 7.5 totally egregious. Someone not immersed in modern day CGC-style grading could genuinely believe this to be a 7.5. It's not as though he's insisting it's a 9.0 or above. And I've seen plenty of sellers here on the boards who would call it a 7.5 without a second thought.

Did the seller post photos prior to purchase?

If you're not happy with it, just send it back for a refund. Doesn't seem worth opening a PayPal case unless the seller refuses to take it back.

...... my grading tightened up after coming here..... what you've said is spot on. There is more info in the Facebook thread..... seller is refusing to refund IIRC ....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It was a seller from a Facebook group. Two purchases from there were both bad buys. Going to stick to here or reputable dealers from now on.

The advertised grade was 7.5, which I think is extremely generous. He gotten really hostile over the thing, saying the pics are not of the same comic, accusing me of buyer's remorse, etc. doh!

divad,I just want to know had m not way off before I pursue fighting this through Paypal.

I can see someone thinking 7.5 but I really don't think it is... As mentioned above just send it back and find another copy. If the guy is claiming you swapped it out and won't refund you, that's just a horrible and dishonest seller. Good luck.