• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Thor 165 guys!!!

14 posts in this topic

Hey Gang, I'll be subbing it in the next couple of weeks figured I'd do a thread on this particular one. I'll be pressing it this weekend, but will only help the lower right hand side. Feel feel to give your opinions, thanks!

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

It looks slick, hard to tell how much the corners are sharp from the scans which can’t be enlarged.

With the minor creasing going on the front cover, I’d settle for a grade between VF+ and VFNM. The back cover is really clean, in NM range, and I know black covers are misleading and grading from a scan just indicative, but I can’t go above VFNM due to the creasing. I would buy it as a VF+ anyway. :)

It looks like (to me anyway) that there is some small wear, with some small color loss, along the top and bottom edges of the front cover. Is that true?

Also, is there some rubbing along the spine?

Is that a crease along the right front cover edge?

I am with the 8.0's! Why has this book gotten so hot?

I own about 10 copies and I guess I'll be hanging on to them for now.

One is immaculate and probably a 9.6 if not 9.8. Maybe I'll put it up

here sometime and see what ya'll think.

Why has this book gotten so hot?

Not sure, the story itself could be wiped from Adam Warlock's chronology without much loss, but I guess a combination of speculation and the fact that it is a black cover and thus tougher to find in nice shape than – say – FF#67 helped this.

On my part, before buying a FN or so to have all the pieces, my previous keeper which I bought in the early 1990s was this one, so you can see I wished to have it just for the story and nothing more… lol

WQ2vpRvh.jpg