• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fail

16 posts in this topic

Yup. And, once reholdered, would be the highest graded copy of # 46.

It's my book, but i'm actively seeking raw potential upgrades if Magnus # 33, 43, & 46, as well as any raw potential 9.6 or 9.8 Magnus books.

Not to mention completely devoid of any artist or writer credits. I've never seen that before.

There are tons of examples of those out there.

Not surprising for this issue is it? Doesn't it reprint earlier stories? hm

Yeah - it reprints issue 25.

So no one actually cares about issue 46.

Still - I understand that the issue number's not on the cover, but I can't believe CGC did this (missed up # 43 and 46, put each in the wrong cases). Waiting to receive them before I send them back with a note properly ID'ing them for re-holdering.

Sigh...

I think there is some variance on all of the covers on the reprint issues of this run. I've sold off all of my copies, so i can't confirm that, but that is what I recollect. I also think some of the later Star Treks were done the same way.

The cover doesn't exactly reprint the cover to 25. It's not just the wording on the cover, either. The woman in white boots goes from a sitting to standing position in the reprint. I don't think I've noticed this before.

Magnus46_zps6bf57a0c.jpg

PDCRmFl.jpg

Thanks for the comparison images. There's several other differences I now see as well. I didn't realize the covers for the reprints would have been redrawn. Was this common with the Gold Key reprints? I mostly only had the "cartoon" titles and wasn't aware different art was used.