• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World New Orleans- January 8-10, 2016

63 posts in this topic

Any reason given? I worried he will do the same thing right before the Cleveland Con.

Because he is filming The Crown. I'm disappointed, but the con is so stacked otherwise, that I won't want for things to do. I ended up switching up to Renner since it would be cool to get a photo with him and gets me access to the Civil War panel. I'll have to find a cool Hawkeye poster for Evans now. If anyone knows of any vendors that will have any Ultron or Civl War posters at the show featuring Evans send me a PM, please.

Any reason given? I worried he will do the same thing right before the Cleveland Con.

Because he is filming The Crown. I'm disappointed, but the con is so stacked otherwise, that I won't want for things to do. I ended up switching up to Renner since it would be cool to get a photo with him and gets me access to the Civil War panel. I'll have to find a cool Hawkeye poster for Evans now. If anyone knows of any vendors that will have any Ultron or Civl War posters at the show featuring Evans send me a PM, please.

That'll be cool!

I was considering switching VIPs. I'm just not seeing any great options considering Jeremy Renner and Hayley Atwell were here in Houston last year.

I have until tomorrow evening to decide. I can get a full refund on the one night, but I will lose the total cost on the other night.

Also, I would be concerned about additional cancellations, too. Hopefully, he's able to make some of them! I have a feeling it will happen about a week out, though, if it is going to happen. I've been chasing someone else for a while now, and she always does that. About a week out, she'll cancel.

I'm not really prepped for anyone else, either. I've been focusing on getting my Doctor Who stuff in order, so I don't even think I have books or other items here for them.

Yeah, I ended up doing a week long road trip starting in Maryland and am in Texas now. So I was going either way. Plus I still need Jenna Coleman and Karen Gillan for my poster anyway.

That'll be cool!

I was considering switching VIPs. I'm just not seeing any great options considering Jeremy Renner and Hayley Atwell were here in Houston last year.

I have until tomorrow evening to decide. I can get a full refund on the one night, but I will lose the total cost on the other night.

Also, I would be concerned about additional cancellations, too. Hopefully, he's able to make some of them! I have a feeling it will happen about a week out, though, if it is going to happen. I've been chasing someone else for a while now, and she always does that. About a week out, she'll cancel.

So if he cancels a week before the show and everyone has tickets to the event already purchased they will have to come anyway with the $100 of signature money ready to spend on comics hm

That'll be cool!

So if he cancels a week before the show and everyone has tickets to the event already purchased they will have to come anyway with the $100 of signature money ready to spend on comics hm

And I'm sure they'll be in the right frame of mind to blow all that money on comics too. (:

That'll be cool!

And I'm sure they'll be in the right frame of mind to blow all that money on comics too. (:

After getting the refunds for the triple VIP/Chris Evans photo op refunded and picking up a Jeremy Renner one, and all the doctor who stuff to make up I do have a bit extra cash for comics... Just gotta find he right dealers with what I'm looking for ;)

Not familiar with a lot of vendors listed on the wizard site. Are there going to be any big golden age dealers at the show?

Bedrock City is going to be there.

I will be there with about 16 boxes of Golden Age comics.

Harley should also be there with Golden Age.

Not familiar with a lot of vendors listed on the wizard site. Are there going to be any big golden age dealers at the show?

have basketball district games this weekend, ow I would have been there...ugh

I definitely would've liked to have seen your set-up.

That'll be cool!

Once he canceled, my tickets were no longer "already purchased." I got the refund email for my VIP within 7 minutes of the cancellation notice. So, I had to make the choice on what I wanted to do. Ultimately, I decided to pass this time.

Con was packed and it didn't help that the layout was mess. Couldn't look at 90% of the booths because the aisles were like 4 feet wide and there's nowhere to stand. The only other con I've been to is Comicpalooza in Houston and it kicked the mess out of this con in that regard.

I am at booth 351. Most of the comic dealers are all in that area. My booth, Bob, Harley, Kapelka, Comiclink are all right there together.

How's your hired help this weekend??

;)

He seems to wander. hm