• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

I saw Silk #1 regular cover on the racks at a couple stores for $10 the week after release, and either they are selling for that much or the same copy is still sitting there a month later with the same price tag.

ASM 4 is vastly undervalued.

Agreed based on potential. I would like to see some progress in the stories. Feels like a long wait.

The character really is great, tons of potential there.

Agreed based on potential. I would like to see some progress in the stories. Feels like a long wait.

ASM #4 reg cover is selling between $15-$20.

The variant is selling $30 and up.

What would you value this book at if it is undervalued?

What I like about this book is its growing slowly and naturally the way a book should in the market. Its not being abnormally promoted and really no one is pumping it. Its why I chose this book over ESOV that and supply was much easier to obtain.

Whats keeping the book down currently is the supply and it will take time to bleed out and gain new fans. As Marvel revamps its line up this next year look for Silk to keep seeing more time. The "girl movement" like it or not is real.

I couldn't believe how many older teenagers and young women in their 20s were asking for Silk and Spider Gwen books at my last show. The girl in front of me was dressed up as Squirrel girl.

What I like about this book is its growing slowly and naturally the way a book should in the market. Its not being abnormally promoted and really no one is pumping it. Its why I chose this book over ESOV that and supply was much easier to obtain.

Whats keeping the book down currently is the supply and it will take time to bleed out and gain new fans. As Marvel revamps its line up this next year look for Silk to keep seeing more time. The "girl movement" like it or not is real.

I couldn't believe how many older teenagers and young women in their 20s were asking for Silk and Spider Gwen books at my last show. The girl in front of me was dressed up as Squirrel girl.

+1 Completely agree, slow increase over time is the long term winner. (thumbs u

How much are you getting for ASM 4 reg cover? $15-$20?

How much are you getting for ASM 4 reg cover? $15-$20?

$15-$20 seems to be the range.

Whats weird about ASM #4 is that theres a 2nd print which is roughly priced the same as the 1st print.. Sales are around 10-20 on that book on either prints

I saw that...ASM 4 is an enigma

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-4-1st-App-of-Silk-Marvel-Bag-Boarded-Secure-Fast-Shipping-/221723496820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339fc01174

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-2014-4-2nd-Print-1st-Silk-9-4-or-higher-FREE-SHIPPING-/201315184547?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edf51efa3