• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

Once or twice with the ASM 300 swipe was a neat novelty, now it's just overkill.

Where's the Squirrel Girl and Forbush Man ones?

Once or twice with the ASM 300 swipe was a neat novelty, now it's just overkill. In MY opinion.

Fixed it for you.

You're very welcome.

Squirrel girl in the works...

Anyone see Larry's variant for silk #3?

Another ASM 300 homage cover with black cat.

I'm getting tired of all these same covers.

It's a bs cash grab and bad for the hobby.

If constantly hiring artists, spending tons of cash with creators & publishers, promoting & selling is bad for the hobby.

I'm guilty as hell.

I produce variants to make money, but also because it's a blast. It's fun as hell.

I love doing it. It's truly a dream job.

When I tire of something in this industry, I simply speak with my wallet & move on.

There are plenty of fans collecting them, that's why I'm producing them.

Perhaps others will hear your voice & stop buying.

When the demand drys up, I'll move on.

K?

If producing a series of homage covers based on one legendary design is so uninspired & devoid of creativity, I wonder why NOBODY has thought of it before...

Sorry to bunch your panties by commissioning a salable item.

Unpacking them now...

Glorious cover stock.

:)

( The next couple weeks are going to you off even more. Apologies in advance for that )

xH4iPzI.jpg

E8PxBKJl.jpg

Not trying to pick a fight Larry. Just speaking my mind and yes its only my opinion, but no harm intended.

And I didn't say the art was bad. Its a nice cover. Just lost points for creativity.

It's your business man, if it works for you, more power to ya. (thumbs u

Anyone see Larry's variant for silk #3?

Another ASM 300 homage cover with black cat.

I'm getting tired of all these same covers.

It's a bs cash grab and bad for the hobby.

If constantly hiring artists, spending tons of cash with creators & publishers, promoting & selling is bad for the hobby.

I'm guilty as hell.

I produce variants to make money, but also because it's a blast. It's fun as hell.

I love doing it. It's truly a dream job.

When I tire of something in this industry, I simply speak with my wallet & move on.

There are plenty of fans collecting them, that's why I'm producing them.

Perhaps others will hear your voice & stop buying.

When the demand drys up, I'll move on.

K?

If producing a series of homage covers based on one legendary design is so uninspired & devoid of creativity, I wonder why NOBODY has thought of it before...

Sorry to bunch your panties by commissioning a salable item.

Unpacking them now...

Glorious cover stock.

:)

( The next couple weeks are going to you off even more. Apologies in advance for that )

xH4iPzI.jpg

E8PxBKJl.jpg

Not trying to pick a fight Larry. Just speaking my mind and yes its only my opinion, but no harm intended.

And I didn't say the art was bad. Its a nice cover. Just lost points for creativity.

It's your business man, if it works for you, more power to ya. (thumbs u

I have commissioned variants since 1999

Sixteen years+

I have never used repetition as a design element to create a series, until now.

It does indeed appear to be working, so....

Thanks.

There may be people that are collecting ASM 300 covers, similar to people collecting Action Figure Variant covers....In which case, not much difference. Then again I'm sure there's some getting sick of Action Figure covers also.

I have commissioned variants since 1999

Sixteen years+

I have never used repetition as a design element to create a series, until now.

It does indeed appear to be working, so....

Thanks.

I am not sure it makes sense to have the issue number digits in the background, anyway.

If it was a single title, and the meaning was to make a connection to ASM #300, it could make sense, but these are basically just homages.

Once or twice with the ASM 300 swipe was a neat novelty, now it's just overkill.

Where's the Squirrel Girl and Forbush Man ones?

Once or twice with the ASM 300 swipe was a neat novelty, now it's just overkill. In MY opinion.

Fixed it for you.

You're very welcome.

Squirrel girl in the works...

Really, I would buy a Forbush Man one. Me and maybe 20 other people

Did anyone read this but me...it was out yesterday...I do think the artist can tone down the Moon Pie eyes of the characters....hopefully this is the last we see of What the Duck covers, this one didn't even have Silk on it.

Ok, I read it. It seems ok...

To be honest, I think I've become a bit disenchanted with how this character has been portrayed. I can't say I'm a fan of the initial books... they are written and 'arted' as such to make me feel like they're specifically aimed for teenagers- almost like an Archie book.

Granted, I am talking about a comic book here, so I can't fault them for taking her where it suited them, and I know lots of teenagers read comic books :P

For my personal tastes though, she's ended up being a bit disappointing.

I hope Secret Wars rattles her cage a bit. I'll give the series a bit more time. Are they *pausing* this for Secret Wars, or 'business as usual?'

Bats #40 is the star of the week for me.