• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another fine eBay auction

26 posts in this topic

A couple of suggestions:

First, I think it helps to have two different accounts -- one for buying and one for selling. I really don't mind if I receive retaliatory negatives on my buying account (I have received three thus far) and none of the sellers whose auctions I bid on seem to mind either. As far as I know, there is only one major comic seller who has a "no neg, no bid" policy, but it is only for negatives received for non-payment.

As for leaving negatives for non-paying bidders, that's a much more difficult issue. I've read all of the opinions expressed on this thread and I think the only real solution is for someone to start a new thread and publish a list of ALL of the non-paying bidders along with a number indicating the frequency of non-payment. Someone like Rickdogg or another prominent CGC forum member can update the thread and keep a tally. Any ideas for the title to such a thread? How about the CGC Forum Blacklist??? shocked.gif

Everyone handles their own accounts as they see fit. This is America, God Bless Us, and freedom allows- no demands- individuality.

That being said, I can only say I'm disgusted with those that don't leave Negs when appropriate and deserved at the risk of retaliation. Wait 90 days if you have to, but don't let them get away with it. Cr@p, someone else is going to get nailed by some bum because I didn't warn them with the ol' RED ? No, I don't think so. Anyone who thinks that a perfect feedback record is necessary to be successful needs to go back to school. Or better yet, check out the shooting star sellers' feedback and find 1...1 who hasn't gotten the 'minus marking.' I know of several ebayers (myself included) who are MORE suspicious of sellers with a high feed count and no Negs. That doesn't say "Satisfaction Guaranteed," that says "I'm scared."

And if it's a newbie with a zero or low #, give them a chance to make things right. If they don't, slam 'em!! You think they'll continue using that same shill account with a couple of positives and a big, fat red stain to go with them? Make 'em use up their expendable accounts. Yes, I know they could have many, but it's the priciple of the thing, man!

The suggestion of two accounts (seller/ bidder) is great. But sticking your head in the sand makes me wanna puke. mad.gif

Ain't America great! Everyone can do what they want, and I can comment on it. smile.gif

Rick

".....can only say I'm disgusted with those that don't leave Negs when appropriate and deserved at the risk of retaliation. Wait 90 days if you have to, but don't let them get away with it. Cr@p, someone else is going to get nailed by some bum because I didn't warn them with the ol' RED ? No, I don't think so. Anyone who thinks that a perfect feedback record is necessary to be successful needs to go back to school. Or better yet, check out the shooting star sellers' feedback and find 1...1 who hasn't gotten the 'minus marking."

"But sticking your head in the sand makes me wanna puke"

Amen to that, that is exactly the point I was making. Is this making sense yet to any of you who do not post negatives?

Tom