• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Thor 190

4 posts in this topic

I once bought a whole long box that looked like that with extra staples not even needed to hold the cover on. My wild guess on grade is it might go 3.5/4.0 if the staples were taken out or 2.5 with the staples left in. :eek:

If the staples were never there it looks somewhere around 6.0 - 7.0 due to stress apparent at the staples.

I am fairly certain it was like this when I bought it sometime around 1977. There is a slight chance I went nuts with one of those little staplers myself. I cannot rule out that I may have been the culprit.

Not sure taking out the staples will really help., The holes will still be there and I might damage the book taking them out. I have to imagine that the book had a staple issue if I was the one who tried this goofy stuff. I have no other book with this issue like this though. Atleast the staples didn't start rusting.