• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Approaches for dealing with overly-high prices set by consignors

113 posts in this topic

When someone has a hi priced book and I low ball em and they reply with a counter of $1 less than their orig offer I go ahead and buy it, then get it and keep it and do a paypal reversal.

That'll show em.

When someone has a hi priced book and I low ball em and they reply with a counter of $1 less than their orig offer I go ahead and buy it, then get it and keep it and do a paypal reversal.

That'll show em.

Profit Mongers must be punished :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol, you guys are hilarious. I get lowballs all the time, they never bother me. when I had my superman 1-12 bound volume up on ebay ($65,000 BIN), I was offered $1 maybe a dozen different times. it's good for a laugh!

That's why you keep setting new GPA records, because of this attitude. (thumbs u

Example:

Gold Key Magnus # 1.

I love that you have 4 copies for sale. I hate that they're *optimistically* priced.

But they are listed at:

CGC 7.5: $495 (+3%)

CGC 7.5: $525 (+3%)

CGC 4.5: $275 (+3%)

CGC 4.0: $225 (+3%)

The first 7.5 might not be _too_ out of bounds, given that there's a GPA-recorded sale of $460, but realistic pricing for this book is $400, not $509.85 plus shipping.

The others are just ridiculous. The 4.0 and 4.5 copies would struggle to reach $75 at open auction, and that's being generous, as the highest recorded GPA high is $50 for 4.0 and $68 for 5.0.

And, for reference, I set the listed GPA highs for Magnus 1 in 4.0, 4.5, and 9.4.

Annnndddd... two days after this book was mentioned in this thread, it's now been changed to a BIN of $790. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361187092452?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Fairly ridiculous for a book that sold 5 months ago on heritage for $299 and flipped a week later for $450. Maybe another sucker will come along and buy it again, but if it wasn't selling at the $500+ plus price you've had it at for the last few months, I doubt this will do any better.

This exact example is what I thought you were trying to get suggestions on how to avoid, but apparently not.

I actually raised the price because I'm going to request to have it shipped back to me tomorrow. They were closed by the time I got home from work.

looks like you were a genius for not buckling under the pressure of the peanut gallery. A new GPA high has been set on a CGC 4.0 for $200! It warms my heart to see this. I love Magnus and it's about time this heavily under valued book started to get some love!

(thumbs u

Example:

Gold Key Magnus # 1.

I love that you have 4 copies for sale. I hate that they're *optimistically* priced.

But they are listed at:

CGC 7.5: $495 (+3%)

CGC 7.5: $525 (+3%)

CGC 4.5: $275 (+3%)

CGC 4.0: $225 (+3%)

The first 7.5 might not be _too_ out of bounds, given that there's a GPA-recorded sale of $460, but realistic pricing for this book is $400, not $509.85 plus shipping.

The others are just ridiculous. The 4.0 and 4.5 copies would struggle to reach $75 at open auction, and that's being generous, as the highest recorded GPA high is $50 for 4.0 and $68 for 5.0.

And, for reference, I set the listed GPA highs for Magnus 1 in 4.0, 4.5, and 9.4.

Annnndddd... two days after this book was mentioned in this thread, it's now been changed to a BIN of $790. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361187092452?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Fairly ridiculous for a book that sold 5 months ago on heritage for $299 and flipped a week later for $450. Maybe another sucker will come along and buy it again, but if it wasn't selling at the $500+ plus price you've had it at for the last few months, I doubt this will do any better.

This exact example is what I thought you were trying to get suggestions on how to avoid, but apparently not.

I actually raised the price because I'm going to request to have it shipped back to me tomorrow. They were closed by the time I got home from work.

looks like you were a genius for not buckling under the pressure of the peanut gallery. A new GPA high has been set on a CGC 4.0 for $200! It warms my heart to see this. I love Magnus and it's about time this heavily under valued book started to get some love!

(thumbs u

and now the 4.5 sold for $275!!!

maybe you knew something that the "experts" here didn't know!

lol