• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to prove to my wife I'm not imagining my comics are worthwhile!

50 posts in this topic

I've never really understood some of the odd dynamics between husband and wife over comics. My wife was never interested in my comics but always knew that some were of value. She didn't ask how much I spent on them but knew that I would always provide for our family and trusted me to be able to manage our money without her looking over my shoulder. We're still happily married and I'm glad that I've never had to justify comic spending or hide anything I've bought from her.

+1

I'm glad my fiance is supportive of my hobby.

That's because she's still your "fiance". It's like the old joke about why the bride is always smiling when walking down the aisle . . . :roflmao:

I have been married for almost eight years and I can say that once you are married, some things stay the same...

My gf/future wife (as she introduces herself now :ohnoez:) Thinks I spend too much money on books.

... and some things don't...

But she supports my collecting regardless.

Shared finances change some things. 2c Just make sure you are responsible about supporting your family and keeping your wife happy and you will remain a happy collector.

I have been married for almost eight years and I can say that once you are married, some things stay the same...

My gf/future wife (as she introduces herself now :ohnoez:) Thinks I spend too much money on books.

... and some things don't...

But she supports my collecting regardless.

Shared finances change some things. 2cJust make sure you are responsible about supporting your family and keeping your wife happy and you will remain a happy collector.

Not always true, such as in my case.

once she realizes what they're worth, she'll expect all the profits or guilt you into selling them. Bad idea all around.

Furnace breaks: Sell one of those stupid comics you have to pay for it

Car repairs: Sell those comics

New dress: Sell the funny books

Furnace breaks: Sell some of that jewelry to pay for it.

Car repairs: Sell that jewelry...

New comic book: Sell the jewelry

...that would go over like a lead balloon I imagine lol

Don't be such a silly. (tsk)

Comics deteriorate....jewelry does not.Right now they are stewing in their own off gassings. Plus you can wear jewelry. I wouldn't recommend wearing your comics.

once she realizes what they're worth, she'll expect all the profits or guilt you into selling them. Bad idea all around.

Furnace breaks: Sell one of those stupid comics you have to pay for it

Car repairs: Sell those comics

New dress: Sell the funny books

Furnace breaks: Sell some of that jewelry to pay for it.

Car repairs: Sell that jewelry...

New comic book: Sell the jewelry

...that would go over like a lead balloon I imagine lol

Don't be such a silly. (tsk)

Comics deteriorate....jewelry does not.Right now they are stewing in their own off gassings. Plus you can wear jewelry.

I wouldn't recommend wearing your comics.

[font:Book Antiqua]Stan Lee disagree with you...

[/font]

Stanleenude8242012_zpscb86e045.jpg