• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Gwen vs Silk

Spider-Gwen vs Silk (Five Years From Today)  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Spider-Gwen vs Silk (Five Years From Today)

168 posts in this topic

I've seen quite a bit of debate of who will be relevant in the not so distant future. One can claim Spider-Gwen by popularity and GPA yet in a alternate universe what does the future hold? Silk seams to be gathering quite the fan base of her own without the alternate universe *. Curiosity asks, who will be the most relevant/popular in FIVE years? All variables are in play; popularity, sales, crossover, solo series success or failure, awesome slippers, etc.

I was under the impression that everybody hated Silk (and rightfully so) until I stuck my head in the Silk appreciation thread. Do people really like her, or are they just sitting on extra copies of ASM #4?

She has quite the growing fan base.

TEAM SLIPPERS!!!!

I was under the impression that everybody hated Silk (and rightfully so) until I stuck my head in the Silk appreciation thread. Do people really like her, or are they just sitting on extra copies of ASM #4?

See I think just the exact thing about Edge of Spider-verse 2. It should be obvious when you see the same posters over and over again.

Silk all the way :cloud9:

New character and awesome costume and powers. Gwen is just a dug up character. Prefer her original which is sadly dead

+1.

Silk all the way. New character innovation is always more interesting, relevant and enduring than obvious, high concept re-hashes.

-J.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Although I'll root for Spider-Gwen to have continued success for years to come and not fade away, the points made towards Silk are very logical for the long term success/relevance. Silk appears to be the 5 years from now winner by the votes.