• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to my LCS today.

33 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about the formation of a network here from the boards. I'm going today to my LCS "Memory Lane Comics" here in Wilmington NC. I sure all of us have hit all our LCS looking for a book we can't find before we go online. So, here is what I suppose, post as I have that you are making the trip on said day. Forum members can post wants(let's say a max of 5, so not to overload the shopper) and then whoevers going to their LCS anyway, checks while their at the LCS for the books.. The shopper would have to be willing to purcahse the said book,or inquire to reserve/hold till money can be sent. Go to the PO and ship as well. I am, and I'm going today anybody want me to check on a book? confused-smiley-013.gif

CC,

dont have the money to check on anything now, but how is your LCS?

I go to the beach several times a year and usually go to Wilmington at least once. Good selection of back issues? Good bronze silver stuff?

Anyway, great idea, lets hope it works.

You going to the Hero's Con?

Adam who runs the shop is a great guy, and he's got a nice wall and a deep back issue section, plus he's got better stuff he keeps more secure elsewhere, and will give you a private showing. It's on Oleander heading twoard College Rd from Wrighsville Beach, and yes I'm planning to attend Hero's after a 2 year hiatus.

Well, no Batman slabbed 227, but he does have a DP 99. The book is not the grade you suggested, it is 4.0 to 4.5. The upper staple is pulled and the lower has some discoloration(rust), and some of the purple on the cover is slightly discolored due to light most likely. If you don't have the copy yet, this would make a nice filler. He will take $20 for it. As for me, I scored a Brave and Bold 80, Avengers Annual 10, and a soft cover Firside Book Series "The Sons of Marvel Orgins.

Well, no Batman slabbed 227, but he does have a DP 99. The book is not the grade you suggested, it is 4.0 to 4.5. The upper staple is pulled and the lower has some discoloration(rust), and some of the purple on the cover is slightly discolored due to light most likely. If you don't have the copy yet, this would make a nice filler. He will take $20 for it. As for me, I scored a Brave and Bold 80, Avengers Annual 10, and a soft cover Firside Book Series "The Sons of Marvel Orgins.

About what condition was the Avengers An. 10 and what did you pay for it? confused-smiley-013.gif If you don't mind sharing that information hi.gif

I'd like to participate in this, too. Ebay is hit and miss. There's really only a couple good sources for back issues in this town, though one is really good, and I got there usually twice a week.

I'm looking for Dark Horse Presents 91-93, I think. There's a Frank Quitely serial over 3 issues, and I think that's them. Also Batman: The Scottish Connection by Quitely.

I'd like to participate in this, too. Ebay is hit and miss. There's really only a couple good sources for back issues in this town, though one is really good, and I got there usually twice a week.

I'm looking for Dark Horse Presents 91-93, I think. There's a Frank Quitely serial over 3 issues, and I think that's them. Also Batman: The Scottish Connection by Quitely.

I will check today for you....

I've been thinking about the formation of a network here from the boards. I'm going today to my LCS "Memory Lane Comics" here in Wilmington NC. I sure all of us have hit all our LCS looking for a book we can't find before we go online. So, here is what I suppose, post as I have that you are making the trip on said day. Forum members can post wants(let's say a max of 5, so not to overload the shopper) and then whoevers going to their LCS anyway, checks while their at the LCS for the books.. The shopper would have to be willing to purcahse the said book,or inquire to reserve/hold till money can be sent. Go to the PO and ship as well. I am, and I'm going today anybody want me to check on a book? confused-smiley-013.gif

Pick me up a Action Comics 1... insane.gif

It was in 8.5, real nice book. I bought all mine off the wall today. He let me have it for $25 since I bought three others off the wall. He had it tabbed for $28.

Ouch. Joe Koch has them in quantity on ebay for $12.49

VF/NM copies

I bought one and he sent me two that are both actually 9.6s. The first copy I bought that he sent to me was jacked up, so I returned it and he sent me two superb copies to make up for it.

There were huge remainder batches of this issue. They are available in quantity in high grade. frown.gif