• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk #180 Club!

138 posts in this topic

That still isn't his first appearance, though.

-slym

Neither is this.

There's the Foom 2 prototype, and the DD 115 appearance.

Who cares about a crappy one page third app? (shrug)

I pointed out the DD 115 in another thread (as a snarky joke in a snarky quote) --

BUT - as was pointed out to me, DD 115 was out before 181 - but not 180!!! (I checked the published dates on Marvel, and this is correct) .

-slym

Neither is this.

I pointed out the DD 115 in another thread (as a snarky joke in a snarky quote) --

BUT - as was pointed out to me, DD 115 was out before 181 - but not 180!!! (I checked the published dates on Marvel, and this is correct) .

:cry:

That completely undermines MY snarky comment. lol

-slym

Neither is this.

I care about it because it is, in fact, the 1st appearance. Foom 2 isn't Wolverine ('Logan'). That concept might - MIGHT - have had some influence on the character. I believe it probably did but I don't know. In any case, it's not an appearance of 'Logan'.

The DD 115/MP 19/Thor 229 thing has been cleared up.

But people are going to some pretty extreme lengths to try and make money out of it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-19-Hulk-181-AD-Page-Only-1st-Wolverine-CGC-SS-Wein-Trimpe-/271741482675?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f450df6b3

What boggles my mind is when people don't consider 180 the first appearance because it's a cameo, but consider an ad for 181 to be the first appearance.

"180 isn't the first appearance, it's 181! And here is an ad for 181!!" :ohnoez:

"What boggles my mind is when people don't consider 180 the first appearance because it's a cameo, but consider an ad for 181 to be the first appearance. "

Haha, no doubt.

His first appearance changes on a daily basis, to suit one's getting paid needs.

I am of the #180 is his first appearance in a cameo, and #181 is his first full appearance.

If he was on the cover to #180, I think the market would have treated it like it does #181.

I know there a ton of examples/comparisons out there but the Uncanny X-Men #266 and the X-Men Annual #14 always comes to mind.

Another example is how Uncanny X-Men #281 and #282 are treated.

Almost the same exact thing as the Hulks, but Bishop is on the cover to #281. And the prices are about even, if I recall correctly.

While #180 is obviously the first appearance, it’s easy to see why people prefer #181.

But since it’s a two-part story, this becomes irrelevant: one should have both. (thumbs u

This. (thumbs u

While #180 is obviously the first appearance, it’s easy to see why people prefer #181.

But since it’s a two-part story, this becomes irrelevant: one should have both. (thumbs u

Yes, must have both!

Here are some of mine, nothing high grade. I think I may have a couple more, but I'm too lazy to dig thru my mess.

a9qmud.jpg

You think you may have more... HOARDER :taptaptap:

and you should be proud - great book to hoard :applause:

That's all of these "we" have to show off?

:(

I have just a #181 and it may not even last long… :shrug:

Bought to fund Fantastic Four purchases… :)

Love Johnny's copies… (thumbs u

That was just a :baiting: to get more people posting pics!

;)

All of these look great, especially that quadruple-shot!!!

:applause:

-slym