• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #24 w/Adhesive on Spine

7 posts in this topic

Hello, all. I've never had a restored/repaired comic before, but I picked this up from a major dealer at a show in Arkansas last year. It's rare that I can even get near early Action comics. It was stated that the spine has adhesive and I can see the staples, but am assuming they popped at some point. I can't really tell and I don't want to handle it too much. The cover is in pretty decent shape. Has nice color and a small 3/4 inch tear. Has some dust shadowing a blunted bottom corner.

I'd take any help I can get. Where does this come in at and what kind of market am I looking at with it, as I'm considering moving it in order to get something else. Thanks, guys.

photo376_zpsbd80a537.jpg

act24-1_zps468428b1.jpg

act24-2_zps6d2fbd19.jpg

A little tough to judge from the photos but looks around a 2.0/2.5 with nice presentation. One should probably grade it as if the cover is detached. If the cover would have been entirely split without the glue, then maybe lower. If it's just a spot of glue covering a tear, maybe a little higher.

I'd like to know more about the adhesive on the spine. Is there residue visible? Is the spine glued to the comic? Is it just at the staples? Is it a spine split that was sealed. All these will count as restoration, but the amount and purpose of the adhesive may factor into it's value.

Given the eye-appeal, I would probably value it around the same as the average unrestored 2.0.