• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #600

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Need some help placing this one in it's correct grade and my own bias is getting in the way. This is the Quesada wraparound variant.

Hi res scans at 400 dpi front and back.

And if you feel like cheating, my own grader notes are at the bottom in the spoiler.

Thanks!

Front

ASM600FC_zps3f99f949.jpg

Back

ASM600BC_zps4b464427.jpg

Notes:

FC defects:

1 tiny spine tick up to 1/16" with no color break

1 light spine stress line up to 1/8" with no color break

1 light spine stress line up to 3/16" with hint of color break only under LED light. (between S and P in SPIDER-MAN title.) Scan shows the defect better than looking at it in hand.

2 tiny shallow indent points that don't break color or puncture. They are only visible under light at an angle. It's as if someone tapped a ballpoint pen at a sheet of paper or the plastic bag covering the comic. Not visible from the scan but is in the middle slant on the N in SPIDER-MAN. cover is otherwise flat

BC defects:

3 light spine stress lines up to 1/8" that don't break color

1 light spine stress line up to 1/8" that reveals hint of color break under LED light angled down the spine but when not angled up the spine. Scan doesn't really show it too well.

cover is otherwise flat.

Thanks for your input. Go ahead and peak at the notes which are hidden in spoiler tags under the scan on the first post. click on the "show" button and you'll see why. I was actually borderline 9.4/9.6 on this one but the scanner just doesn't pull out the defects like a bright LED lamp angled over the cover seems to so it might be difficult to see everything from there.