• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSA Strange Adventures, contemporary GA stories!

4 posts in this topic

Well I gotta say, I REALLY liked issue #1 of JSA Strange Adventures. I have issues 2 through 5 sitting on my counter and I'll finish those off this weekend, but I really recommend you guys pick up issue #1 and give it a read. The story is excellent so far and the art is consistantly well drawn and colored.

So far with issues #1 you are placed back in World War II where Johnny Thunder wants to become a pulp writer and sends off his stories to editors, only to be shot down. The JSA asks him to become their historical writer of events that happen within the JSA and things will no doubt proceed from there.

What I liked about this issue was seeing the heroes in and out of costume as well as seeing the back and forth bickering, such as the arm wrestling between the Atom and Wildcat. At the end of issue #1 Starman and the Green Lantern fight off some bad guys armed with high powered electro gagets. It was all really cool.

Seeing the old JSA heroes being drawn just like they were in the Golden Age is totally awesome, but what is even better is the coloring of the story, as it is done with modern technology and you get to see them in a whole new light.

Give it a try you GA guys! thumbsup2.gif

West

Well I gotta say, I REALLY liked issue #1 of JSA Strange Adventures. I have issues 2 through 5 sitting on my counter and I'll finish those off this weekend, but I really recommend you guys pick up issue #1 and give it a read. Seeing the old JSA heroes being drawn just like they were in the Golden Age is totally awesome, but what is even better is the coloring of the story, as it is done with modern technology and you get to see them in a whole new light.

I went on record as saying that this is the best DC comic for twenty years.

I adore it to bits.

The current JSA comic (the one that's up to issue 69), is the best of all the modern comics, but this miniseries is miles better.

I was shot down in flames on the General forum for praising it so much, and feel saddened at how good current comics COULD be, if only we had more classics like this stunningly brilliant six part miniseries. Utterly amazing.