• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My disappearance...

52 posts in this topic

While I am sure I was hardly missed, I had to leave the boards for a while (almost 3 months) due to my job getting nuts, which put my blood pressure into a very dangerous area. i have two kids and didn't want to drop dead, but couldn't take a leave from my job because the sh*t was really hitting the fan there. Anyway, my apologies as I had a sales thread where I had not sent out some of the invoices and I just didn't do it before disappearing because I did not want to get anyone's money and then take forever to ship their stuff because I was getting home from work at 2 a.m. and passing out. I just did not even want to come here to check my messages because 2 minutes can turn into 2 hours and I have an addictive problem with these boards. Needed to temporarily quit cold turkey. I have not even been to a comic shop in 3 months. Anyway, things have cooled down at work, my BP is back down to 120/80 from 160/120 and my overlords love me again, so the BP was mainly stress related and not just because i am grossly overweight. Still broke and have a pizzed off wife, but such is life. Anyway, I'm back, but I don't think i can ever spend as much time here as I used to.

That stress and blood pressure is no joke. Mine is normally 130 over 90. Last weekend I had to travel to where my family is to put my dad in a VA home. It was very stressful. At one point I felt lite headed and my heart was racing.

Took my BP and it was 175/125. Scary.

That stress and blood pressure is no joke. Mine is normally 130 over 90. Last weekend I had to travel to where my family is to put my dad in a VA home. It was very stressful. At one point I felt lite headed and my heart was racing.

Took my BP and it was 175/125. Scary.

175/125 is getting into heart attack range. 160/120 was my peak thankfully, i cut coffee out for a little bit (which makes it tough to work a 15 hour day...). i have been very lucky to be in my 40s, weigh over 300 pounds and still normally have a BP of 120/80 and no diabetes (knock on wood), but stress pushes me into bad numbers

I need to fix a lot of things in my life (diet and exercise being way up on that list), but other than my kids' fish, no pets in my foreseeable future. I have a three year old boy. He's a lot like a puppy.

I need to fix a lot of things in my life (diet and exercise being way up on that list), but other than my kids' fish, no pets in my foreseeable future. I have a three year old boy. He's a lot like a puppy.

I can agree with that! :roflmao: Welcome back to the addiction boards!

While I am sure I was hardly missed, I had to leave the boards for a while (almost 3 months) due to my job getting nuts, which put my blood pressure into a very dangerous area. i have two kids and didn't want to drop dead, but couldn't take a leave from my job because the sh*t was really hitting the fan there. Anyway, my apologies as I had a sales thread where I had not sent out some of the invoices and I just didn't do it before disappearing because I did not want to get anyone's money and then take forever to ship their stuff because I was getting home from work at 2 a.m. and passing out. I just did not even want to come here to check my messages because 2 minutes can turn into 2 hours and I have an addictive problem with these boards. Needed to temporarily quit cold turkey. I have not even been to a comic shop in 3 months. Anyway, things have cooled down at work, my BP is back down to 120/80 from 160/120 and my overlords love me again, so the BP was mainly stress related and not just because i am grossly overweight. Still broke and have a pizzed off wife, but such is life. Anyway, I'm back, but I don't think i can ever spend as much time here as I used to.

Is there any other kind?