• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryW7's books, GA GL#1, ASM 129 1st Punisher, ASM 122, Captain America 76, 78

47 posts in this topic

Mister Mystery 7 , Classic Wolverton Brain Bats of Venus. Nice color, two dots of color touch show on the inside (and they are dots, won't affect the grade), Some chipping at the bottom of the front cover, but cover does not seem to be brittle, Nice gloss, plus OW/W pages. There is a piece of tape inside the back cover. About 1.5 ", may be archival tape. Chip lower left on the back cover. Grade is Good+ (2.5)bin $200 SOLD by PM

MisterMystery7L_0001.jpg

MisterMystery7L_0002.jpg

Mister Mystery 18 . Great color and gloss, some small tears at the staples and a 1" bottom cover spine split. Corner missing at the bottom of the back cover, 3/4 tear side back cover and a longer tear with cellophane tape on the inside back cover (you can see the stains). Pages are OW. Grade is Good+ (2.5) Bin is $225SOLD by PM

MisterMystery18L_0001.jpg

MisterMystery18L_0002-1.jpg

Weird Mysteries 12 , Great color and gloss, some mild NCB creasing and a small crease lower right that breaks color. Classic Decapitation Panels (if having your head chopped off is classic, we have that all here;) Very small tear at the top of the cover. Pages are OW. Grade is VG/F 5.0, maybe a Fine-(5.5) bin $225

SOLD by PM

weirdmystery12L_0001.jpg

weirdmystery12L_0002.jpg

and last, but certainly not least!

Weird Chills 1, 1954 Wolverton Art Metro grade VG+ Color touch 175.00

Glue on spine, either just glue or there was a piece added. upper right, it may be the original piece reattached.. Metro grade was 4.5 , creasing, Id on't think the book was pressed. Most of the color touch does not bleed through, so it was either done by a very good amateur, or a professional who did not want to press it. Back corner almost detached Pages are almost white. It's a very nice looking book with brilliant color. The original grade was probably in the good range. Overstreet Good is $129, this is an above guide book. $185 .SOLD by PM

weirdchills1L_0001-1.jpg

weirdchills1L_0002.jpg

Mister Mystery 18 . Great color and gloss, some small tears at the staples and a 1" bottom cover spine split. Corner missing at the bottom of the back cover, 3/4 tear side back cover and a longer tear with cellophane tape on the inside back cover (you can see the stains). Pages are OW. Grade is Good+ (2.5) Bin is $225

MisterMystery18L_0001.jpg

MisterMystery18L_0002-1.jpg

:takeit:

Mister Mystery 7 , Classic Wolverton Brain Bats of Venus. Nice color, two dots of color touch show on the inside (and they are dots, won't affect the grade), Some chipping at the bottom of the front cover, but cover does not seem to be brittle, Nice gloss, plus OW/W pages. There is a piece of tape inside the back cover. About 1.5 ", may be archival tape. Chip lower left on the back cover. Grade is Good+ (2.5)bin $200

MisterMystery7L_0001.jpg

MisterMystery7L_0002.jpg

and last, but certainly not least!

Weird Chills 1, 1954 Wolverton Art Metro grade VG+ Color touch 175.00

Glue on spine, either just glue or there was a piece added. upper right, it may be the original piece reattached.. Metro grade was 4.5 , creasing, Id on't think the book was pressed. Most of the color touch does not bleed through, so it was either done by a very good amateur, or a professional who did not want to press it. Back corner almost detached Pages are almost white. It's a very nice looking book with brilliant color. The original grade was probably in the good range. Overstreet Good is $129, this is an above guide book. $185 .

weirdchills1L_0001-1.jpg

weirdchills1L_0002.jpg

Hi, my apologies to the 3 of you, but while I was out I got a PM taking all the horror books at full price, since the PM was timed 7:38 they were all sold previously.

I didn't have access to a computer so I had no idea, I am sorry...but thank you for trying.

Hi, my apologies to the 3 of you, but while I was out I got a PM taking all the horror books at full price, since the PM was timed 7:38 they were all sold previously.

I didn't have access to a computer so I had no idea, I am sorry...but thank you for trying.

:(

Amazing Spider-Man 129 First Punisher.

Nice copy with great gloss, there are a few spots front and on the back cover. Probably from storage, spots are tan. Pages are white. tiny chip bottom right cover.Looks a lot better than Fine+, but I'm downgrading for the spots. Bin $400

Larry bought the book from Steve Ritter's website, he just found the ad. Here is Steve's ad for the book.

Publisher: Marvel

Era: Bronze Age

Issue: 129

Grade: FN+

Page Quality: White

1st Punisher with Origin, 1st Jackal App. 2/74 G.Kane & J.Romita Cover R.Andru Art

Grading Notes: Foxing on front and back covers, 2 small color flakes on front cover o/w VF-.

Asm129L_0001.jpg

Asm129L_0002.jpg

I'm a little confused about this book's grade.

You gave it a F+ and Steven Ritter gave it a F+ as well as a VF-? ???