• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryW7's books, GA GL#1, ASM 129 1st Punisher, ASM 122, Captain America 76, 78

47 posts in this topic

As many of you will remember from the fundraiser, Larry had a heart transplant late last year.

He wanted to sell some books to help with expenses (although the fundraiser did a great job). but he's not quite ready to list them himself, so I offered to help.

I have the books here, but all funds will go to Larry, directly into his PP account.

I will be mailing them for him, all books will be sent priority mail..

The slab will be double boxed with cushioning. The other books will be mailed boxed, sandwiched between two gator boards (they are boards with wood veneers).

Shipping in the US is included. Insurance will be included. If you are out of the US, PM me, I will discount the shipping based on what it would have cost in the US, but you will be responsible for the difference.

Payment is due in 3 days unless other arrangements have been made in advance.

I know there are people I've sold to who know I'll always do time payments for them, but since these are Larry's books, I'll have to OK it with him first. He's nicer than I am, so I think it will be fine, but I want to ask first.

Please don't PM Larry about the books, pm me, it will be less confusing.

Paypal, Checks or MO's are acceptable.

Returns are accepted, but please notify me within 7 days if you want to return something.

:takeit: on the thread or by PM trumps all pending negotiations. I go by time stamp.

No people on any of the bad lists, please.

There are 10 books in total. Really nice books!

Green Lantern 1 EP

This is the book that Kenny ( the incredibly talented Ze-man) restored. You can see the progress in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5668693&fpart=1

As you can see, Ciorac says at the end, that he would grade it a 5.0 to 6.0 and I'd agree. It's gorgeous, there is a slight line on the right side where the original big crease was and there is a slight line above that. You can't really see it unless you hold it up to the light. There is a number under the G.

I've read this book before, but never noticed that the text article, on "Will Power" was written by Dr. William Moulton Marston" who is credited as being on the DC Advisory board. Dr Marston was also the creator of Wonder Woman.

The book would have been in the Fair+ to Good- range before restoration. One method of figuring out the value of a restored book is to take the OS price and add to it, the cost of the restoration. In this case my estimate is at least $3900 but Larry's asking price is only $3700 $3350

greenlantern1L_0001.jpg

greenlantern1L_0002.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 121 Very nice copy with a tiny nick lower left and a very small amount of dirt on the front bottom, and on the back near the spine. I see a few small indentations at the spine. The book has obviously not been cleaned or pressed. Pages are OW/W. It was purchased as a VF- and I think it's at least that grade, maybe an 8.0 as is. Key issue,.the Death of Gwen Stacy Bin is $350. Sold to ThirdGreenham

ASM121L_0001.jpg

ASM121L_0002.jpg

Green Lantern 1 EP

This is the book that Kenny ( the incredibly talented Ze-man) restored. You can see the progress in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5668693&fpart=1

As you can see, Ciorac says at the end, that he would grade it a 5.0 to 6.0 and I'd agree. It's gorgeous, there is a slight line on the right side where the original big crease was and there is a slight line above that. You can't really see it unless you hold it up to the light. There is a number under the G.

I've read this book before, but never noticed that the text article, on "Will Power" was written by Dr. William Moulton Marston" who is credited as being on the DC Advisory board. Dr Marston was also the creator of Wonder Woman.

The book would have been in the Fair+ to Good- range before restoration. One method of figuring out the value of a restored book is to take the OS price and add to it, the cost of the restoration. In this case my estimate is at least $3900 but Larry's asking price is only $3700

greenlantern1L_0001.jpg

greenlantern1L_0002.jpg

VERY NICE! You don't see this very much...or at least I haven't on the boards here.

Amazing Spider-Man 129 First Punisher.

Nice copy with great gloss, there are a few spots front and on the back cover. Probably from storage, spots are tan. Pages are white. tiny chip bottom right cover.Looks a lot better than Fine+, but I'm downgrading for the spots. Bin $400

Larry bought the book from Steve Ritter's website, he just found the ad. Here is Steve's ad for the book.

Publisher: Marvel

Era: Bronze Age

Issue: 129

Grade: FN+

Page Quality: White

1st Punisher with Origin, 1st Jackal App. 2/74 G.Kane & J.Romita Cover R.Andru Art

Grading Notes: Foxing on front and back covers, 2 small color flakes on front cover o/w VF-.

Asm129L_0001.jpg

Asm129L_0002.jpg

Captain America 76 Very nice color and gloss, pages are mostly white, a bit of offwhite at the edges, Top staple is quite a bit lighter than the bottom one and someone suggested it had been replaced, but I don't see any holes, or other marks. Purchased from All Stolz and I think he's pretty good at detecting resto, just be aware that the top staple might have been replaced. Slight tanning top of back cover. Small chip in the center of the top of the front cover. Some creasing/tears back at the top, (just the overhang) Small stain back cover at the bottom. Grade is Fine- (5.5) or better. Bin is $475 Sold

Cap76L_0001-1.jpg

Cap76L_0002-1.jpg

Captain America 78 Nice color and gloss, Pages are OW/ Cr. There is a light production crease across the middle, a corner crease and a chip upper right and some small creases lower right. Rounder lower left corner. Last Issue!

Grade is VG/F or a little bit better, may be a Fine-. Bin is $785.

Cap78L_0001.jpg

Cap78L_0002-1.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 121 Very nice copy with a tiny nick lower left and a very small amount of dirt on the front bottom, and on the back near the spine. I see a few small indentations at the spine. The book has obviously not been cleaned or pressed. Pages are OW/W. It was purchased as a VF- and I think it's at least that grade, maybe an 8.0 as is. Key issue,.the Death of Gwen Stacy Bin is $350.

ASM121L_0001.jpg

ASM121L_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Amazing Spider-Man 121 Very nice copy with a tiny nick lower left and a very small amount of dirt on the front bottom, and on the back near the spine. I see a few small indentations at the spine. The book has obviously not been cleaned or pressed. Pages are OW/W. It was purchased as a VF- and I think it's at least that grade, maybe an 8.0 as is. Key issue,.the Death of Gwen Stacy Bin is $350.

ASM121L_0001.jpg

ASM121L_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Andy! Sold!