• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Showcase #73 - Creeper

9 posts in this topic

Wow, a little surprised! In hand this book looks so great. There's been a few 6.0/6.5's that look much worse to me IMO.

Is it the accumulation of ticks that bring it down?

It's real sharp. Dust shadow, spine ticks, a couple rounded corners and the rubbage all the way along the spine are what knocked it out of the VF's for me initially. That said, I trust your eye, Sir. If you think it's 7.0/7.5, who am I to get in your way? :foryou: Sometimes you have to follow your heart :cloud9:

Wow, a little surprised! In hand this book looks so great. There's been a few 6.0/6.5's that look much worse to me IMO.

Is it the accumulation of ticks that bring it down?

It's real sharp. Dust shadow, spine ticks, a couple rounded corners and the rubbage all the way along the spine are what knocked it out of the VF's for me initially. That said, I trust your eye, Sir. If you think it's 7.0/7.5, who am I to get in your way? :foryou: Sometimes you have to follow your heart :cloud9:

Aw shucks :foryou:

No I appreciate all the opinions. It helps open my rookie eyes more and more. I'm sure owning the book adds bias to all grading.

Didn't really notice the dust shadow until recently.

As far as grading goes I think we all get better every day. That said, last grading contest I finished maybe 45th out of 110 so I could certainly be wrong and you could be right. Im just happy to work on my game with you gentlemen. If you like the book spend a few bucks on a press and grading. It might get an 8.0. Stranger things have happened.