• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Procedure Question

21 posts in this topic

I found a nice Daredevil 4 on ComicLink that was $100 so I grabbed it after hearing my favorite Doctor will play the Purple Man in the upcoming tv show. Went thru the order form and confirmed I wanted to purchase the book and just got this e-mail from them:

"This email is confirmation that we have received your order (not confirmation that your order can be filled). After responses for all of the buys and bids in your order are received from the sellers, you will be sent a final order confirmation and payment request (this will occur no more than 5 days from the date of your order)."

Based on this e-mail, it appears the book is not necessarily mine until the seller confirms the book is still available. If the seller responds (within 5 days) that the book is not available then I'm SOL I guess.

I previously made an offer on a book and quickly got the rejection notice and the book got taken down within minutes of the rejection being issued. Turns out some dealers post books up on ComicLink and then forget to take sales post down after the book has already sold. I'll keep my fingers crossed the book is still available this time.

Anyone else find this selling structure confusing and problematic?

The Exchange is annoying, no other way to put it. If you are looking at a book just listed in the last couple of weeks odds are good you'll get it. If you are looking at books listed a couple of months ago or longer, there is a good chance it's long sold. Somewhere else.

I've talked to CL staff about this several times. I've been known to "buy" stuff just to prove it is no longer for sale. IMHO They ought to make sellers verify items are still available or take down listings after 60 days. But CL seems to have no interest in this.

I've gotten some good books/good deals on the Exchange, but I prefer their auctions.

I hate their exchange. I put a bid on a book in 9.6 slabbed that was WAY above GPA and got immediately turned down (automated probably). Then I submitted another bid and the seller took more than 48 hours to get back to me. I know CL usually waits 4-5 days for a response, but I'm not that patient. I bought a 9.4 off eBay for MUCH cheaper (go figure!) and canceled my bid on CL.

If you are selling something on CL…better stay on top of your item, otherwise you may lose a sale!

I got an e-mail saying the book is reserved for me and I'll get another E-Mail when its all confirmed. Quite the long process for one book.

I got an e-mail saying the book is reserved for me and I'll get another E-Mail when its all confirmed. Quite the long process for one book.

Good deal.

I've personally never had an issue with the CL Exchange, but I also look at the date the book in question was posted.,

Some are ridiculously old, and I don't even bother.

I went ahead and tried to buy two more lower grade copies of Daredevil 4 that seemed like a deal and I just got the notice that both are unavailable. I'm now 1 out of 5 books being available. Not surprising since the books got hot right before I tried to buy them.

Good deal.

I've personally never had an issue with the CL Exchange, but I also look at the date the book in question was posted.,

Some are ridiculously old, and I don't even bother.

Now CL doesn't list the date on old listings. Right now they seem to list dates back to about 9/14. Older listings don't show a date at all. I called to ask when a book was listed last week. It was in July. I again told the person on the phone that the book was probably long gone and they needed to pull it. Said they don't do that. So told the guy I was going to "purchase" it and prove it was sold. Which I have done. Another two days I'll get the notice the item isn't available and then they will pull the listing.

The Exchange is , badly mismanaged. If they can program their system to remove the listing date after five months they could program their system to drop listings after five months. :sumo:

Gotcha.

It's been quite some time since I purchased off of the Exchange.

It's been auctions only for me, lately.

I agree it is a very outdated system they have.

It has been a while since I bought from them when it was not an auction. It does seems a bit outdated and I think it is related to the age of the site ( as in lack of admin functionality.) I would think that since it appears ( purely conjectural ) they have more staff that things would be maintained more.

I can say their staff is responsive, friendly and courteous. The ship times have vastly improved over the the years and their auctions always have good items.

As a second option before placing a bid or buying the book you can call C link first to ask them to contact the seller to make sure the book is still available . At least this way you don't have to commit to your offer while waiting for a response.

As a second option before placing a bid or buying the book you can call C link first to ask them to contact the seller to make sure the book is still available . At least this way you don't have to commit to your offer while waiting for a response.

Good question.

I bet they wouldn't know until the owner responds...

I do like CL a lot. If you call them, you will be speaking with an actual human being in no time, and they are very courteous, and want to help.

I have called first before on a book in the Exchange and they where able to call the seller first to confirm if it was still available . They where able to let me know the same day.