• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThankYou!

21 posts in this topic

I once entered a high maximum on eBay for what I thought was a low-interest book that no one in their right mind should even challenge. I just wanted to make sure I got the book. Lo and behold, someone beat out my max bid. And I was thinking the very same thing: THANK YOU!

But, not long after, I got a 2nd chance offer from the seller stating that the buyer didn't want it.

So, my thoughts were, either the buyer also put in a ridiculous bid thinking the same thing as me, that no one in their right mind would pay 3X what it's worth. Or, the seller was trying to get the maximum buck out of me.

This was nearly ten years ago, and I wound up making a counter-offer on the book, kinda in between my max and what I thought it was really worth. Still felt dirty in the end.

But the lesson learned for me on these auction sites was to be less of a gunslinger and just to let things go if it's something I'm iffy about.

So did they accept your offer?

Yes. At the time I thought I paid too much for the book but in retrospect it was probably just a little over FMV. It was for a certified NM copy of Wonder Woman 130. I think the regret lies with the book's stupid cover:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_130

Wow! That is a very "interesting cover." :grin:

But at least you got your book, for a little over FMV. (thumbs u