• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norm Breyfogle could use some help

11 posts in this topic

Pardon me if this has been posted here already.... I checked multiple pages of posts.

Legendary Batman artist Norm Breyfogle recently suffered a significant stroke and could use our help. Please read this article and consider chipping in to aid in his recovery. Norm has been a fan favorite for a long time and has always been super gracious at conventions. I think it's our turn to help him out.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/on-norm-breyfogle-what-would-batman-do/

Here's the link to Norm's fundraiser:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/legendary-batman-artist-norm-breyfogle-stroke-fund/281723

Maybe he should sell his artwork if he needs money?

his website has lots of his art up for sale. it does not look like it has been updated in a while, so maybe a lot has been sold.

his stroke has impacted his drawing hand, so it's not like he can do 1,000 commissions to make the money right now.

i guess as a freelancer he has no employer health insurance and i suppose maybe he had not yet signed up for an obamacare type plan? i'm not sure the endless physical therapy needed to rehab from a stroke is something that would be covered in any event...maybe the first 10 or 20 visits...?

Maybe he should sell his artwork if he needs money?

his website has lots of his art up for sale. it does not look like it has been updated in a while, so maybe a lot has been sold.

his stroke has impacted his drawing hand, so it's not like he can do 1,000 commissions to make the money right now.

i guess as a freelancer he has no employer health insurance and i suppose maybe he had not yet signed up for an obamacare type plan? i'm not sure the endless physical therapy needed to rehab from a stroke is something that would be covered in any event...maybe the first 10 or 20 visits...?

you're correct. Even with some of the better insurance plans (which non-corporate and non-government individuals typically don't have), an extended rehab where you can't earn ANY money can be very costly.

i know medicare only covered a portion of the physical therapy my dad was getting after he had a stroke. he wound up dying so it did not bankrupt my mother, but the bills were adding up.

Thanks so much for sharing that. I was wondering just yesterday how Norm was getting along. So happy to see he's gotten some mobility and freedom as well as getting more into writing! I hope it will give him a new outlet for his creativity. Also glad to hear him mention that he's gotten some additional income from the characters he worked on with DC. Norm was a blessing for us Batfans of the Copper Age, I certainly hope he'll continue to get better and that he has many years of happiness ahead!