• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Incredible convicted of attacking Batgirl

17 posts in this topic

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2015/01/27/22203841.html

Mr. Incredible convicted of attacking Batgirl

LOS ANGELES - A man who dresses as the comic superhero Mr. Incredible has been sentenced to 3 years probation after pleading guilty to attacking a woman costumed as Batgirl in a Hollywood Boulevard turf dispute, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

Muhammet Bilik, 35, was also ordered to attend anger management therapy, perform 20 days of roadside cleanup and stay away from the so-called Hollywood Entertainment District where the spat erupted.

"Hollywood Boulevard is famous around the globe and attracts millions of visitors every year. We must keep it safe," Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer said in a statement announcing the plea and sentence

"The characters who interact with children and family along Hollywood Blvd have to obey the law," he said.

Prosecutors say Bilik attacked the woman clad as Batgirl, whose civilian identity was not revealed by authorities, following a disagreement over sidewalk territory along a famed stretch of Hollywood Boulevard that draws tourists from around the world.

A video of the incident captured by a passerby and posted on YouTube shows Bilik, in his Mr. Incredible costume, slamming Batgirl into a rack of souvenir baseball caps as Chewbacca and Freddy Krueger characters try to intervene.

I live in L.A. and I was happy when they were banned for just a second before it was determined there was nothing illegal about this entire thing. I always considered myself relatively street smart and the first time I came down to see the Mann Chinese Theater I had a surprise. My two year old goes excitedly walking up to Elmo and I'm thinking it was a publicity thing for the theater. Then as Elmo gives him a hug I'm starting to notice just how disguising the costume is. So I take a picture because my son is excited and I'm still not sure what is going on and then..BAM...Elmo lets me know that tips are appreciated. So after that every time I'm down there taking out of town friends on a tour, I'm like - No Don't go talk to Spidey...please avoid Chewy....Just keep walking.

I wish the owners of the characters could press charges based on how they tarnish the brand by having nut-jobs like this soil the reputations of these fine super-heros. I don't get why they allow them to continue using the costumes. It's obvious this group isn't doing anything good or wholesome, that we need to feel they're entitled to dress as these beloved comic book, television and motion picture characters.

Its my understanding that they sued the City when they tried to enforce them blocking sidewalks and asking for money. A judge decided that they have a first and fourth amendment right to remain on the sidewalk and free from Police persecution and that a costumed performance is not a traditional right but certainly a protected one. I'm not for sure but I think they may have won some money also.

batman_superman_f.jpg

Horrible indeed. But, you have to wonder what the reporter was thinking when he had to report the following line below.

"Mr. Incredible costume, slamming Batgirl into a rack of souvenir baseball caps as Chewbacca and Freddy Krueger characters try to intervene".

I doubt I could have typed that out without laughing out loud.

Im sorry this had me spill my coffee all over my desk

A video of the incident captured by a passerby and posted on YouTube shows Bilik, in his Mr. Incredible costume, slamming Batgirl into a rack of souvenir baseball caps as Chewbacca and Freddy Krueger characters try to intervene.

You tell me this mess aint funny

Horrible indeed. But, you have to wonder what the reporter was thinking when he had to report the following line below.

"Mr. Incredible costume, slamming Batgirl into a rack of souvenir baseball caps as Chewbacca and Freddy Krueger characters try to intervene".

I doubt I could have typed that out without laughing out loud.

+1,000,000,000

:roflmao: