• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VCC This Weekend!

120 posts in this topic

Photobucket sucks!

I'm building my booth and five thumbnails appear to be broken. Something about the link not being correct. Mind you, the links are directly copied from Photobucket so I have no idea what the issue is. However, once I move the affected images to another folder and copy the link again, the images display just fine.

I hate Photobucket

this was happening to me - then corrected itself...... (on its own - I did nothing)

The click through to the large scan still worked even if the image did not show.

hopefully - will not occur this weekend.

When they upgraded their site they made it very difficult to add thumbnails.

I switched over to Imgur much easier.

http://imgur.com

Ever since Photobucket modified the site years ago, if I’m setting up thumbnails for a VCC i re-use the same code I’ve used before and just change the comic book issue number portion of the URL, rather than cut and paste the code in it’s entirety from Photobucket.
exactly what I do!

So I'm guessing there is a mass scramble when it opens to get the good deals?

Yes and no. Some guys wont set up their booths till later so I have gotten good deals all weekend as new dealer come online at different times.

for me (and will really depend on what you are looking for ) - my modern areas are loaded with books I have multiples of. So - unless someones says they want "all" of a given issue or mini series - there will be a lot to go around. If I somehow made the right choices and people are buying - then I have plenty of other titles to load up for Sunday.

(teasers)

th_hereos-for-hire-civil-war.jpg th_before-watchman-dr-manhattan.jpg th_heralds.jpg th_dark-tower-treachery.jpg

th_dd-bm.jpg th_dd500.jpg th_un-av-9.jpg

Reminder: Convention Hall opens for setup at 11 PM EST tomorrow!

Dan, thanks again for all you and Shin do to set this up. One of these years I will get back to Chitown during the Con and get you a drink (thumbs u