• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to guess what this will sell for?

69 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the input, and the advice.

To be clear, I certainly wasnt considering gambling my retirement on 1 piece of OA, but rather adding to it. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to save for retirement our whole 26 years at Ford.

I was thinking something this iconic might jump 10-20% in 10 years and make a nice priofit. Not knowing enough about the ups and downs of this part of the Hobby, its probably best if I leave this one alone

I was think of the significance of the issue is where the value is, not the artist.

Thanks again guys

To be clear, I certainly wasnt considering gambling my retirement on 1 piece of OA, but rather adding to it. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to save for retirement our whole 26 years at Ford.

I was thinking something this iconic might jump 10-20% in 10 years and make a nice priofit. Not knowing enough about the ups and downs of this part of the Hobby, its probably best if I leave this one alone

I was think of the significance of the issue is where the value is, not the artist.

Thanks again guys

10-20% in 10 years is a really really bad return on your investment.

Thanks again guys

Ding ding ding!

artwork tends to double in value every 8 years

This is true for fine art, comic art, whatever

sometimes even greater-pages that were $50 in 1985 are selling for 10K

That's a 9% CAGR. You can do better than that in MUCH less risky investments.

1985 values:

Kirby page $45

Kirby cover $60

Starlin cover $65

Peanuts strip $35

2015 values

Kirby page 3-5K

Kirby cover 10-20K

Starlin cover 15K

Peanuts strip 15K

Thanks again guys

ditto

While I think that is a wild assumption to make (sometimes artwork goes down 50% in 8 years), it would not surprise me if this one did double...although i have a hard time seeking that if it goes for over $100K.

hobgoblin was a big spidey villian in the 80s, but not so much after that. he's no green goblin, punisher, etc. frankly, when they stick him in a movie folks will be really confused as to what the difference is between him and green goblin.