• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick poll on Hulk 181

12 posts in this topic

It depends on what your preferences are. If you're only looking financially, check out on ebay how much more they're going for with CGC SS Stan Lee over blue labels in the same grade.

If you love Stan Lee and want him to your most important marvel comic because its important to you, nothing wrong with that either.

If its a mixture of the two, you have to look deep inside yourself for the answer.

I suspect that most of the people here will say either don't get it signed at all or don't get it signed by just Stan, as creator sigs appear to generally be the preference here on these boards.

But the market at large in general does place a premium on Stan sigs, although the degree varies widely and may not always be more than the cost of the sig. But there's also some value to meeting Stan, shaking his hand, and watching him sign your book too.

my #1 question to this question is how liquid do you want your collection to be?

Signed books have a smaller market. Yes a market, and at the right price a fine market, but a smaller market compared to the general market for a "blue" copy of the book (unsigned).

Seems like "just" Stan signed copies of mid-grade books dont increase in value beyond around the cost of getting the signature and submitting the book.

If you love the book and want it signed and dont care about liquidity, go for it.

I would not get it signed by Stan Lee. Terrible choice. His signature is becoming a joke. The man signs anything, even DC's. He should have a little more integrity.

Just something to think about, there is a lot of handling on an SS resub. The grade could change.

So in summary, just like anything else in life involving something of relatively high value (financially or otherwise), do some research and financial analysis from available information, assess your priorities and preferences, assess the risks, and make your decision.

Consider the wheel reinvented completely.

So in summary, just like anything else in life involving something of relatively high value (financially or otherwise), do some research and financial analysis from available information, assess your priorities and preferences, assess the risks, and make your decision.

Consider the wheel reinvented completely.

I'm sure your words of wisdom is what the OP had in mind when he asked the question. If only all of life's decision could be made into a mathematical formula, we would never make a mistake..