• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most bids on eBay for a Copper Comic

16 posts in this topic

Back in the wayyyy olden days of eBay, if an item got 30 bids, it was "on fire" (or something to that effect), and it got a special listing in search results at the top.

People used to bid on stuff just to get it to 30. Of course, that was when bidder ids were completely transparent.

Those were the days...

:cloud9:

Back in the wayyyy olden days of eBay, if an item got 30 bids, it was "on fire" (or something to that effect), and it got a special listing in search results at the top.

People used to bid on stuff just to get it to 30. Of course, that was when bidder ids were completely transparent.

Those were the days...

:cloud9:

+1

Auctions were the norm too. I miss those days.

There are particular eBay bidders who will bid ONLY the minimum increment.

So, one guy bids $30 on a book and it's one bid.

Another guy bids $5, $5.50, $6.00, $6.50, etc... all the way up to $25.

Which book actually has the higher demand?

There are particular eBay bidders who will bid ONLY the minimum increment.

So, one guy bids $30 on a book and it's one bid.

Another guy bids $5, $5.50, $6.00, $6.50, etc... all the way up to $25.

Which book actually has the higher demand?

Once in a blue moon I get a bidder like that. It really looks fishy when it happens, but about 2 or 3 times I year I get one.

I increment bid all the time, to expose the high bid.

Then I decide if the high bid is worth the price or not.

Why waste time setting a snipe on a book that may be bid up 40% higher than I'm willing to go?

If they want it that badly, they'll have to pay for it.

:sumo:

I increment bid because I think there is no way some yahoo values this dumb book as much as me, and I think I will get it at the lower price.

Well come to find out, I have to fight for some of these books that I figured no one else would want.

I increment bid because I think there is no way some yahoo values this dumb book as much as me, and I think I will get it at the lower price.

Well come to find out, I have to fight for some of these books that I figured no one else would want.

Don't we all think that at some point! Only to find out.."Dang...there is another!"

Here's the latest. X-Men 266 in CGC 9.8. 35 bids and 14 bidders after about 5 days on eBay. There is one incremental bidder, but a lot of back and forth between several bidders at the current level. This book has really been heating up lately.

http://ebay.to/1ztrpgk

There is one Copper lot with more bids...not CGC though. A Miller Batman group with Dark Knight etc. A lot of incremental bidding on this one though. 44 bids...8 bidders.

http://ebay.to/1A2bDKb

Cheers.

There is one Copper lot with more bids...not CGC though. A Miller Batman group with Dark Knight etc. A lot of incremental bidding on this one though. 44 bids...8 bidders.

http://ebay.to/1A2bDKb

Cheers.

That price is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. They are FINE, mid-grade copies.

Plus, there's no such thing as "free bonus" anything in an auction...those "free" items always get factored into what someone is willing to pay. The only "free" would be a surprise item.