• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link Winter Auction consignments: Kirby, Liefeld, McFarlane

5 posts in this topic

Hi art fans,

I've consigned the following pieces to the ComicLink Auction that starts Feb 11. I think they're worth a look. But, I'm biased :baiting:

JACK KIRBY:

Journey Into Mystery 66 Title Splash: The Return of the Hulk!

This dynamic, GIGANTIC monster splash page showcases Jack Kirby in the prime of the pre-hero genre. Although considered a "Hulk Prototype" it features the character who would become known as Xemnu of Titan, a character who has had a recurring role in the Marvel universe. Prototype art doesn't come up for sale that often, and this is a stellar example of a large art pre-hero monster splash.

Link to JIM 66 Title Splash Page

ROB LIEFELD/TODD MCFARLANE

New Mutants 86 Cover (Liefeld pencils, McFarlane inks)

A very nice, clean and dynamic example of a collaboration between two of modern comics' biggest names. Todd and Rob only collaborated on a handful of covers, so this is a great opportunity to own work by both. Plus, it has feet and minimal pouches! lol

The bonus is it's a nice homage to the Ditko splash page from Amazing Spider-Man #2.

Link to New Mutants 86 Cover

TODD MCFARLANE/GREGORY WRIGHT

Spider-Man 8 Complete Issue Color Guide

A gorgeous set of hand-colored color guides from a classic Todd McFarlane Spider-Man issue featuring Wolverine, Wendigo and of course old Web-Head. Dynamic colors by Gregory Wright burst off the page. McFarlane's color guides don't come up for sale very often so this is a nice opportunity to acquire a unique lot.

Color guides are hand-colored, one-of-a-kind pieces that were used in the production of a comic. It is hand colored by colorist Gregory Wright, and comes with a letter by Gregory Wright (and signed by him) to the Marvel offices. Color guides of Todd McFarlane's work in particular rarely come up for sale, and as modern comic production processes have moved toward computerized coloring, actual color guides are increasingly rare, and increasingly prized by collectors.

Link to Spider-Man 8 Complete Color Guide

Enjoy, good luck, and thanks for looking.

:bump: Auctions end next Thursday. hm

Hi art fans,

I've consigned the following pieces to the ComicLink Auction that starts Feb 11. I think they're worth a look. But, I'm biased :baiting:

JACK KIRBY:

Journey Into Mystery 66 Title Splash: The Return of the Hulk!

This dynamic, GIGANTIC monster splash page showcases Jack Kirby in the prime of the pre-hero genre. Although considered a "Hulk Prototype" it features the character who would become known as Xemnu of Titan, a character who has had a recurring role in the Marvel universe. Prototype art doesn't come up for sale that often, and this is a stellar example of a large art pre-hero monster splash.

Link to JIM 66 Title Splash Page

ROB LIEFELD/TODD MCFARLANE

New Mutants 86 Cover (Liefeld pencils, McFarlane inks)

A very nice, clean and dynamic example of a collaboration between two of modern comics' biggest names. Todd and Rob only collaborated on a handful of covers, so this is a great opportunity to own work by both. Plus, it has feet and minimal pouches! lol

The bonus is it's a nice homage to the Ditko splash page from Amazing Spider-Man #2.

Link to New Mutants 86 Cover

TODD MCFARLANE/GREGORY WRIGHT

Spider-Man 8 Complete Issue Color Guide

A gorgeous set of hand-colored color guides from a classic Todd McFarlane Spider-Man issue featuring Wolverine, Wendigo and of course old Web-Head. Dynamic colors by Gregory Wright burst off the page. McFarlane's color guides don't come up for sale very often so this is a nice opportunity to acquire a unique lot.

Color guides are hand-colored, one-of-a-kind pieces that were used in the production of a comic. It is hand colored by colorist Gregory Wright, and comes with a letter by Gregory Wright (and signed by him) to the Marvel offices. Color guides of Todd McFarlane's work in particular rarely come up for sale, and as modern comic production processes have moved toward computerized coloring, actual color guides are increasingly rare, and increasingly prized by collectors.

Link to Spider-Man 8 Complete Color Guide

Enjoy, good luck, and thanks for looking.