• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planetary - Ellis, Cassady

112 posts in this topic

Wow.

GPA has #1 at around $70.00.

Must get one!

Dang, none on Ebay.

Anyone got one to hook me up with?

I sold 3 x 9.8 last year - I think Joey still has one of mine left in the system.

If he has, I'll hook you up with it.

They all went to fans (no 'push' for this book except being awesome) but my copy at home is a keeper!

If Joey does have one (I think it's pending pre-screen) you can have it for cost mate.

I'll PM you when I find out if it passed the 9.8 screen.

Here is a link to my Planetary gallery.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=1371

Dammit Sean. Were those all done at the same time?

No. The early issues were done in '07 -'08 when Cassaday and Ellis each did a show. Those 4 are OO copies. I wish I would have done so many more. I bought the 19 from Richie, and the rest were done at an Ellis shop signing that got put together super fast. Those are all OO copies as well.

Here is a link to my Planetary gallery.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=1371

X-Men 1 is ridiculously great (worship)

Thanks. That was from a fairly expensive sketch opp where Cassaday was only doing head sketches. I was hoping he would put a little more into a character he co-created. And he did. :)

I've found

Don't miss this new collection of Warren Ellis's STORMWATCH epics from issues #37-47, as The Weatherman transforms the team into a proactive, take-no-prisoners strike force. Starring Jack Hawksmoor, Battalion, Jenny Sparks, Apollo, Midnighter, Rose Tattoo and more!

and

Warren Ellis concludes his run on Stormwatch by redefining the team and introducing the powerhouse Apollo and brutal Midnighter. But when disaster strikes in the form of alien creatures, can the team survive? Collecting STORMWATCH #48, 49 and #1-11.

for $11.00 a TPB so far.

Haven't found his Authority run yet.

Found it

TPB #1 -

In these tales from THE AUTHORITY #1-12, the team battles a nation of super-powered terrorists and stops an invasion from a parallel world! And then, a godlike invader returns to Earth after eons in exile.

Publisher: DC

Writer: Warren Ellis, Mark Millar

Artist: Bryan Hitch, Frank Quitely

Cover Artist: Bryan Hitch, Paul Neary\

I love me some Bryan Hitch too.

AND Quitely?!?? Wow. How in the heck did I miss this...

Hell yes.

and TPB #2

(W) Grant Morrison & Various (A) Frank Quitely & Various (CA) Frank Quitely, Trevor Scott In these tales from THE AUTHORITY #13-29, the team faces a mad scientist who wants to influence the 21st century through Jenny Quantum, a previous Doctor who manipulated the Earth itself, and a team modeled on The Authority that was created by the G7 nations.

Also: Jenny Sparks mini-series, plus various Planetary crossovers (Batman, JLA, Authority, I believe).

And yes, the Stormwatch/Authority/Planetary universe is an absolute milestone of the past two decades of comic-book creativity and wonder.