• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All female Avengers team

111 posts in this topic

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

Wasn't it recently revealed that the market share is now:

DC > Image > Marvel

Why do they need to keep reinventing already existing characters? It's like remaking classic movies. rantrant

Nope.

It's Disney working their magic on Marvel and building new generations of fans that will buy comics, and be excited by comics long into the future because they see themselves represented by superheroes on the page and on the screen. Getting kids and teens to read comics is always going to be the target market (as it should be), and Marvel are absolutely doing it the right way.

Why not create new characters instead of alienating existing fans?

Why would this alienate existing fans?

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Why do they need to keep reinventing already existing characters? It's like remaking classic movies. rantrant

Nope.

It's Disney working their magic on Marvel and building new generations of fans that will buy comics, and be excited by comics long into the future because they see themselves represented by superheroes on the page and on the screen. Getting kids and teens to read comics is always going to be the target market (as it should be), and Marvel are absolutely doing it the right way.

:idea:

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

:idea:

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

Because Thor...is Thor. Captain America is Captain America. (shrug)

If you're a huge fan of Thor, wouldn't you be upset by this drastic change? Why not build on Angela or create a new Norse God? Why change am existing/beloved character for media attention. I think it's lame, cheap and lazy lacking creativity. 2c

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

If you're a huge fan of Thor, wouldn't you be upset by this drastic change? Why not build on Angela or create a new Norse God? Why change am existing/beloved character for media attention. I think it's lame, cheap and lazy lacking creativity. 2c

I don't see them as drastic changes and no it does't upset me.

The Avengers books of the last few years have been complete garbage.

Captain America - beyond stupid & horrible to look at

The Iron Man book - utter bilge.

So no, change does not make me weep into my stuffed long boxes.

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

As a huge fan of Thor (pre-1980s at least), I don't have any issue with all this stuff. Sure-- it seems a little silly in general to mimic established male super heroes. But it is nothing I can't simply avoid looking at. If some fan base finds this their cup of tea-- more power to 'em. The ultimate decision will be made in the marketplace and if it somehow brings more ladies into the collecting realm, that is a good thing. I can't think the reverse would be true (losing people from the comic collecting population over this development).

plus it is entertaining to make fun of the whole scenario.

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

I agree with both of you ( Hector and Harv). The hobby needs originality, not target marketing.

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Correct.

The reason though could be simply that completely new characters are too risky. It's not necessarily lack of creativity from artists, maybe lack of risk-taking by publishers who see the jabillionz of dollars coming from movies with these same characters and think "ready-made audience".

Instead of creating new female characters - they took the coward's way (or maybe the financially-safest way) to do it. I agree it's silly and pandering to women to drastically change existing male characters this way - think of a female Han Solo still being called Han Solo - no, Thor is Thor.

It's like saying "We know NEW female characters won't make it on their own, so we'll put them on top of existing strong male character names and the male character's reputation and name will carry the female character to success!".

But yeah, there's a seismic shift in the Marvel Universe of characters coming from high-honchos trying to anticipate the seismic shift in the demographics of the audience.

All Girls + Secret Wars logo = Gender Wars?

I know that Marvel announced a reboot of Secret Wars with a complexity and depth that would blow everyone away. Is it going to be Men Vs. Women? Is that what's supposed to blow us away?

-Terry

OH! And Jubilee is back! That's gotta be a good thing, right?

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

DC > Image > Marvel

Nope.

I agree with both of you ( Hector and Harv). The hobby needs originality, not target marketing.

There is plenty of originality in the hobby - just track down the very best independent comics currently being published.

1) I'm offended by Hellcat's pose.

2) Why is Electra riding the Wasp? hm Wait, never mind- It's cool.

3) Why are the Spider chicks striking "Rahrr! I'm going to get you!" poses?

are men allowed to join the A Team or is it girls only...maybe next year we'll have a transgender shift and they'll all be men.

no need to happen till next year.. theres probably a variant already in the works

Yep, there is:

psp-bruce-jenner-sexual-reassignment.jpg

:grin: