• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish I could press books...

98 posts in this topic

Little Jimmy or little Jimmers? hm

Will you be doing the artwork?

Yep lil Jimmers featuring Kav books

So invest your time and learn. Just do it. This is not about a life change or making a major decision. Take the time and learn. From what I see, you have the honest effort and intent to do well at anything you seem to want to do.

Chip... just give it a try.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel like there's a lot of misinformation about it out there so I wouldn't even know where to begin. What model press to look for, etc...it's all very nebulous and for every person here who claims to know what they're doing there are another 25 people who tell them they don't or can't possibly know. I'm certainly not going to bug Joey or anyone like that...they have enough on their plate without some schmoe like me bothering them.

I hate to trust anything Google brings up, either.

Peace,

Chip

I'm going to try some experiments-steam some old book then put it under weights for a day see what happens.

Little Jimmy or little Jimmers? hm

Will you be doing the artwork?

Yep lil Jimmers featuring Kav books

I will pound the pavement and these books will be all over Ottawa and Hull.

Edition In French!

Pettit Jimmers avec amis Kav fait le bon livre comic.

Pour lamour à poutine et chein chaud avec bacon et fromage.

Special!Un solo l'histoir avec Monsior Patate Dôré.

Yeah,I'm nuts....

So invest your time and learn. Just do it. This is not about a life change or making a major decision. Take the time and learn. From what I see, you have the honest effort and intent to do well at anything you seem to want to do.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel like there's a lot of misinformation about it out there so I wouldn't even know where to begin. What model press to look for, etc...it's all very nebulous and for every person here who claims to know what they're doing there are another 25 people who tell them they don't or can't possibly know. I'm certainly not going to bug Joey or anyone like that...they have enough on their plate without some schmoe like me bothering them.

Peace,

Chip

Maybe ask MasterControlCPU(is he still about?)He got a hard time around here at first but seems to have learned much and may have advice.Trial.and error!I remember CPU asked for donations to experiment on and did well...I hope you follow through...I'm sure you will do great....vote of confidence from here as well.

You can do it!Your positive self and love for comics will see you through.The passion you have will see you through,and I'll cheer for you all the way.

At the end of the day, why can't we simply leave some books alone. Why does every last book have to be pressed. Does anybody just enjoy the books anymore or is it all about the flip ? If you want to make some REAL MONEY, invest in the stock market. It's on fire.

Peace,

Chip

Best to do nothing. Fortune favors the stagnant.

I bought a used heat press 3 days ago for $150, I called 4 screen printing business in my town and one had an older one in their basement..... I got it home turned it to 195 I pressed out a water damaged Star wars #5 as an experiment and it looks fantastic (except the staining), I also turned a damaged modern with glossy interior pages into a solid board by having the temperature too high. Buy a press and give it a try, Through trial and error you will figure it out.

I don't know that I will ever press anything of real value but if I can bring up the value of even 15 $10 books it will have paid for itself.