• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did minor restoration start getting blue labels?

125 posts in this topic

...books in general,..... at the sole discretion at CGC very minor color touch or glue may be assigned and marked a color coded "Universal" label , however a description of the detected restoration in general or specific terms will be disclosed.

Is "very minor" in the same vein as "way more"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kinda.

Somewhat?

Yea, sort of.

...books in general,..... at the sole discretion at CGC very minor color touch or glue may be assigned and marked a color coded "Universal" label , however a description of the detected restoration in general or specific terms will be disclosed.

Is "very minor" in the same vein as "way more"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe "way less" glue than a PLOD? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is all supposition though. Someone should call CGC tomorrow and ask so that we're not all sitting here guessing.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Get the facts, rather than speculate on conspiracy theories for 25 pages? Get a life!

My understanding was that it would not get a PLOD if the glue was not judged to be used with intent to restore....ie if it was in such a place that it was deemed an accidental application. But what's confusing about this is that it is definitely noted as some form of restoration.....this is an odd one I think. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think we went over this within the last couple of weeks. They'll note the glue if it isn't sealing a tear or otherwise restoring a book?

Either that, or it's a typo. confused-smiley-013.gif

What about the "color touch"?

I'm talking about the X-Men #127 above. There's no color touch there. Just glue.

What I meant with that question was, if they're that specific about the qualifications for "minor glue restoration", then surely they are as specific about the qualifications for "minor color touch"... so what are the qualifications?

Nobody knows that the problem.

My understanding was that it would not get a PLOD if the glue was not judged to be used with intent to restore....ie if it was in such a place that it was deemed an accidental application. But what's confusing about this is that it is definitely noted as some form of restoration.....this is an odd one I think. confused-smiley-013.gif

.....Umm,....if the glue wasn't applied with intent to restore then why else would it be there?..... confused-smiley-013.gif

I tried that already, but Tim disagreed and tried to make me look dumb. I hate that guy. poke2.gif

I tried that already, but Tim disagreed and tried to make me look dumb.

Probably the easiest thing I'll do all day today. poke2.gif

True. You're going to spend the rest of the day in the john looking for your wang. poke2.gif

True. You're going to spend the rest of the day in the john looking for your wang. poke2.gif

What are you talking about? John Wang sits right next door to me. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I slay myself sometimes.

He called the Green River a "rank" pedigree! Christo_pull_hair.gif

He's a 9.2-spitter and a date-stamp hater. What do you expect? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hold on there pilgrim, who said anything about me being a date-stamp hater? I'm perfectly happy to have this date stamp.

691905-adventure247.jpg