• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did minor restoration start getting blue labels?

125 posts in this topic

From day one I think? Read the back of a label.

...you know I never noticed the mention on the label about "minor" toches getting a blue label,......

I don't have a label in front of me. Does it specify GA books, or just books in general?

...books in general,..... at the sole discretion at CGC very minor color touch or glue may be assigned and marked a color coded "Universal" label , however a description of the detected restoration in general or specific terms will be disclosed.

...books in general,..... at the sole discretion at CGC very minor color touch or glue may be assigned and marked a color coded "Universal" label , however a description of the detected restoration in general or specific terms will be disclosed.

Is "very minor" in the same vein as "way more"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Kinda.

Kinda.

Somewhat?

I think we went over this within the last couple of weeks. They'll note the glue if it isn't sealing a tear or otherwise restoring a book?

Either that, or it's a typo. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd heard rumors of an Avengers #1 with a similar kind of notation, but this is the first I've seen. Well, I think it will be very interesting to see what price non-GA books with "blue label restoration" go for. There are some on these boards who think buyers don't look past the the color of the label and have been pushing for restored books to get a blue label but with a separate restoration rating. But my guess is that a book with this kind of notation will realize a significantly lower price than a "clean" blue label copy.

What will also be very interesting is whether dealers and such will be able to persuade CGC to remove the notation from the label, in the same way that they seem to have been able to persuade CGC to remove other notations from the label (e.g., date stamp, writing, manufactured with only one staple, etc.).

I think we went over this within the last couple of weeks. They'll note the glue if it isn't sealing a tear or otherwise restoring a book?

So what about the fact that this particular label says "Restoration includes:..."? makepoint.gif

What about the "color touch"?

I'm talking about the X-Men #127 above. There's no color touch there. Just glue.

So what about the fact that this particular label says "Restoration includes:..."? makepoint.gif

I think that's probably an auto-entry that goes there whenever someone fills in that field. This is all supposition though. Someone should call CGC tomorrow and ask so that we're not all sitting here guessing.

What about the "color touch"?

I'm talking about the X-Men #127 above. There's no color touch there. Just glue.

What I meant with that question was, if they're that specific about the qualifications for "minor glue restoration", then surely they are as specific about the qualifications for "minor color touch"... so what are the qualifications?