• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Powers - Playstation Network Series

51 posts in this topic

Good story, imo, but average (I'm being a little generous) acting and poor special effects did the show in. If this were transplanted to the 90's, it would have been awesome.

POWERS Gets Second Season But Loses Showrunner Over 'Creative Differences'

With news out that Sony's TV adaptation of Powers has been renewed for a second season, showrunner Charlie Huston has revealed on his website that he is leaving the show.

"These kinds of changes are common in TV, and usually based on several factors, but this one boils down to the old saw 'creative differences,'" says Huston. "As the show changes creatively, it will require some changes in personnel."

Huston says he is leaving the show entirely, but that producer Remi Aubuchon and co-creators/producers Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming are continuing on.

it could work out better with out him has the showrunner maybe the next person can't bring something different to teh show and make it a lot more fun.

I liked the concept of a hero losing powers, but the plot seemed to be too dark and discording towards the end to really get me excited about this.

Good story, imo, but average (I'm being a little generous) acting and poor special effects did the show in. If this were transplanted to the 90's, it would have been awesome.

+1

I'd have to say bad acting & poor special effects though.

My wife and I couldn't even get through the first season. It was pretty aweful. They changed stuff and it only made it worse. All in all, it was disappointing as hell.

I'm amazed they picked up a second season. I just can't imagine it'd be good.

My wife and I couldn't even get through the first season. It was pretty aweful. They changed stuff and it only made it worse. All in all, it was disappointing as hell.

I'm amazed they picked up a second season. I just can't imagine it'd be good.

It was awful.

I'm a glutton for punishment though, so I'll check out what is available for season 2 this weekend.

4 episodes into season 2 and it's still bad, not season 1 bad (so far), but still bad.

The new Retro Girl practicing her new found powers in the desert made me laugh out loud (special effects were awful).

I cannot imagine that those who could not stomach season 1 liking season 2.

Powers TV Series Not Returning For A Third Season

The PlayStation Network's Powers series, adapting the comicbook of the same name from Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, has been canceled after two season. Bendis, who writes the comic and served as an executive producer on the TV show, made the announcement Wednesday on twitter.

"This is hard to tweet, but word is that Powers is sadly, no more. Season 2 was the last, at least for now," he wrote. "I'll type more about it later, but thank you ALL for your support. Such a fantastic personal experience that you gifted all of us. Fans of Powers, the comic book will continue at Marvel. The next storyline is called 'Diamond Days.' Two issues already in the can."

The writer did say there's some hope for a continuation of the story on screen in some way, as well, as "people behind-the-scenes believe in us," but didn't have any specifics.