• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 16-18, 2015

86 posts in this topic

There are plenty of great places to eat within a short drive if you're mobile, but if you're on foot it'll be quite a walk to anyplace as the convention center is set off by itself.

I'm not local, so I'm not going to be great with recommendations, but I know we've never had any trouble finding great food each evening. Lunches we're stuck behind the table, and I know nothing about the concession stand.

Suggestions for places to eat around the convention center?

Like Mysterio said, plenty of great places.

On MacArthur Blvd between highways 114 and 635, there is a vast assortment of eateries and it's only minutes from the convention center.

One of my local favorites is Fast Furious (949 W Royal Lane). Assortment of asian bowls.

Heading to Dallas in about 8 hours! :whee:

Where are you setting up? I'll drop by Sunday and say hi.

Please do! My brother will already be there at our usual corner, but I'm afraid that I don't know the booth number. We're on the first aisle on the right side of the room if you head in the main entrance near the base of the escalators. He is Monster's Lair Comics, and I'll be helping him out Sat-Sun.

Heading to Dallas in about 8 hours! :whee:

Where are you setting up? I'll drop by Sunday and say hi.

Please do! My brother will already be there at our usual corner, but I'm afraid that I don't know the booth number. We're on the first aisle on the right side of the room if you head in the main entrance near the base of the escalators. He is Monster's Lair Comics, and I'll be helping him out Sat-Sun.

Booth 158. :hi:

Nice! I will try and swing by, as well.

I didn't go today. I spent time with family I rarely see. I got to my hotel around midnight and got upgraded. My room is huge! Three TVs, two bathrooms, a kitchen area.

I didn't go today. I spent time with family I rarely see. I got to my hotel around midnight and got upgraded. My room is huge! Three TVs, two bathrooms, a kitchen area.

Sounds like the after party is in your room! :headbang::banana:

Sounds like the after party is in your room! :headbang::banana:

:whee:

Suggestions for places to eat around the convention center?

Like Mysterio said, plenty of great places.

On MacArthur Blvd between highways 114 and 635, there is a vast assortment of eateries and it's only minutes from the convention center.

One of my local favorites is Fast Furious (949 W Royal Lane). Assortment of asian bowls.

Luckily for me, my hotel is just off MacArthur.

I had a great day at the con. Got everything taken care that I wanted to between 10:30 am-1:30 pm (except one later photo opp), and walked the floor.

I'm stupid, because I didn't have my floor map, but I was looking for some of you, and I thought, "I didn't see them." Then, I remembered that I did stop at the Monster's Lair booth, and I was kicking myself for not paying better attention.

I came in under budget thus far, so I may decide to pick up a book or two tomorrow. I will probably go for a couple of hours, then run over to Six Flags for the Halloween stuff.

Another example of how stupid I am. . . I have a cast signed Agents of SHIELD book (non-CGC) and I could have added Lucy Lawless to that book. . . but I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Anyway, she was great. Very warm and personable. One of my favorite guests ever, I think.