• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 16-18, 2015

86 posts in this topic

Great meeting Psithyrus and delorean1981, thanks for stopping by!

Overall it was a decent show, just slower than these shows typically are sales-wise. They got plenty of people in the door, they just weren't really buying comics. There were also somewhat fewer comic dealers in the room this time around. Hopefully that isn't a long term trend...

We had a good time, as usual, and will be back in February for the next one!

It was great to meet you guys, too!

I was busy all weekend, but everything went super smoothly. Got to have a beer with a couple of my uncles and listen to the local football game with them on Friday night, then got up to the hotel at about midnight.

I got to the show at 10:30 am on Saturday with 7 autographs and photo opps on my "to-do", and by noon, I had 5 of those done. I sat and charged my phone for an hour, got the sixth thing done, then took everything out to the truck and walked the floor until 4, when my last photo time was. It was really helpful to get the lay of the land and see what was out there. I left between 5 and 6, got a little confused on the road (which usually doesn't happen), but then crossed MacArthur and found my way back to the hotel. Jumped across 114 for dinner. . . super easy. Went to bed really early.

Friday, I had planned to make purchases and be out by noon, but ended up sticking around and sticking around until 4 pm. I ran down to Six Flags (I'm a coaster enthusiast, as well), and figured I'd stay until about 7 pm. Well, I didn't want to leave there, either, because I had only been there for 15 minutes this year (to pick up my pass in May during Fan Days), one quick day last year, and didn't hit a coaster in 2013 at all. So, I ended up staying until almost closing (10 pm). . . and I had to drive back to Houston.

I ended up getting back home at 2 am, but I was either a) pumped from the weekend, b) got a ton of sleep the night before, or c) was hopped up on the Dew and I was just bouncing off the walls.

I'm up now, though. Got to go pick up the dogs from boarding. I'll be lucky if my cattle dog "talks to me" the next two days. She was pretty upset when I dropped her off. The lab? He'll be fine as soon as he hears my voice. Back to work tomorrow!

Overall it was a decent show, just slower than these shows typically are sales-wise. They got plenty of people in the door, they just weren't really buying comics. There were also somewhat fewer comic dealers in the room this time around. Hopefully that isn't a long term trend...

Good to know there will be another in Feb. I didn't go to this since I was planning to go to the WW show in Austin. I definitely want to show my support for local shows though.

Good to know there will be another in Feb. I didn't go to this since I was planning to go to the WW show in Austin. I definitely want to show my support for local shows though.

Yep, the next one is February 13-14. You'll find the event thread here. We'll be talking about it leading up to the show, I'm sure.