• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today: Kenosha, WI (Prev. Gurnee, IL) -- Sunday, Feb. 15th

12 posts in this topic

Re-posted from Craigslist:

Gurnee Comic Book And Collectibles Show

We've Moved North about 10 miles.

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Kenosha

11800 108th St, Pleasant Prairie, WI, 53158

$2 ADMISSION

Hours: 10am-3pm

Special with flyer: bring a copy of this flyer with you and receive FREE ADMISSION

Feel free to copy and pass along the savings to your friends. SAME Hours, Same Admission. More Stuff.

-- Debating on having this be the 2nd show I set up at. On the fence; don't suppose anyone around here has any thoughts/history on the show?

That one is not an Alan show, but he does set up there at times. That is the Gurnee show that has been going on for quite a while but they got pushed out of the hotel they were at for years and moved on down the road.

Alan has a show that same day, Springfield I think

Organizing books tonight for the show.

Bringing:

Modern Indie Titles (most $1 each)

$1 / $2 / $5 Comics (discounts for multiple purchases)

The bulk will be as-priced 1st appearances / "keys" from most ages (no GA); i.e.:

Avengers 195, 196

ASM 361, 362, 363

Fantastic Four 66

Avengers 54, 67

Ultimate Fallout 4

Omega Men 3

Man of Steel 18

Marvel Team-Up 95

Infinity Gauntlet Set

:blahblah:

Second time setting up at a small show and still working out some kinks. Because of the logistics of everything, I was not able to have a "wall" of books, just some short boxes with comics pulled up to showcase some better titles.

That being said, not sure if the lack of a wall really hurt me as I don't think any dealers were selling many higher dollar ( > $50) books. (I also don't think I would have had room for one given my location.)

Got there a little later than I would have liked and already the dealer feeding frenzy was in full-swing. Missed out on some Spec Spider 64's and X-Factor 6's and a large stack that I couldn't make out all of what was inside. That was all from one dealer; not sure what changed hands at any other tables.

That being said, I still did find some nice comics from dealers before and during the show.

After all was said and done, I managed to sell more ($-wise) than I bought. I almost made it out of there with less comics than I came with, but a last-minute dig in some random boxes netted me at least 50 more comics (though it was definitely worth it).

A shout-out to kapzilla for showing up, making a purchase, chatting, and finding a couple good deals of his own.

Interested to hear from dealers around this area when comparing these smaller local shows to MightyCon. The table cost doubles (if not more) and I wonder if it also doubles sales.

Sales of Note:

Tales of Teen Titans #44 x2

Ultimate Fallout #4

Marvel Team-Up #95

Captain America #117 (reader)

Purchases of Note:

Tales of Teen Titans #44

Harbinger #1 x3

Iron Fist #14 (reader)

Defenders #28 x3

Turtlemania Special #1

Good to hear you came out positive in the end manetteska, and did you find any info on that turtlemania? Nice to see you again and meet your fiancee

Definitely a cool little show and a good way to kill some time on a Sunday. Picked up a batman 181 reader, and a VFish swamp Thing 1, among a few other books.

Cerebus and bone 1's?!? :o Didn't even see those, but I think I overheard a bit of one of those phone convos sharp

Although I could not make it TO the show, I did manage to purchase some books FROM the show, including a genuine Cerebus 1 and a Bone 1 1st print :grin: .

God I love deals via cellphone.

So you were on the other end of that phone. lol

I saw the Cerebus and people trying to quickly determine if it was real or not. Never saw the Bone 1.

Like I said, I got there too late; blood was in the water.